Join now - be part of our community!

Android TV lip synch fail

profile.country.GB.title
DavrobinSony
Explorer

Android TV lip synch fail

I purchased a KDL43W756C at Christmas.  The system has up to date software (it upgraded as soon as it was installed).   Lip Synch on TV channels is appaling - making the TV unwatchable.  The problem is particularly bad on HD channels.  I have checked out the Android TV issues thread - contrary to the latest problem diagnosis, the issue is NOT related to an external sound system - I don't have one!

IF I use an HDMI feed from my external satellite receiver, all is fine.  Similarly internet feeds such as YouTube or Netflix are OK - it is just the Digital TV channels that are impacted..... which, sort of defeats the object of having a TV receiver!

The problem seems to vary in impact - sometimes if I switch from an HD channel to non-HD (e.g. from BBC1HD to BBC1), then back to HD again, the system gets closer to being in  synch (but still not 100% perfect..... the sound still seems to be divorced from the picture.

Based on this issue, I certainly could NOT reccommend this TV to anyone - which is a shame, as my last Sony TV was excellent.

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Caledonian_TV
Contributor

Glad to say my Android is gone...

But on the last night it was here I disconnected it from the rest of my system and just used its internal sound. - The sych issues there were much worse than via my audio system (and they were bad enough then)!  As you say; worse with HD channels...

The issues seem related to what surround information is being processsed by the set. Can I suggest going into your system and setting it's audio outputs to 'PCM'?  - I know you don't have an external audio system and this might seem counter-intuitive.  - But it might just work.