Join now - be part of our community!

Latest firmware PKG3.169.0100EUB for KD-55X8508C issues

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Latest firmware PKG3.169.0100EUB for KD-55X8508C issues

1. WiFi does not detect my TP-LINK ARCHER VR900 modem router after latest firmware update. Signal strength is medium to high, all other devices in home do not have a problem. Detection can take place after half an hour of searching while all other routers around my house are visible. I had not this problem before latest firmware update.

2. Channel change seems ok, there is no stuck yet, neither EPG stuck, remote control keys are responding without double change as before, BUT there is a small SOUND delay from previous channel when selecting next channel. It sounds like an instant scream and then it stops just before next channel sound is heared. A little bit annoying!!!!

3. USB inputs are not displayed again at HOME SCREEN - INPUTS

4. Duplication of active HDMI inputs not solved yet.

5. High Temperature remains the same at lower part of LCD metal frame.

6. USB Hard Disk connected to TP-LINK ARCHER VR900 viewable on Network(DLNA), indexes folders no more than letter D on disk root. The rest cannot be discovered. This means that I can not see folders on root starting with E and upwards. The problem exists at VIDEO, VLC, KODI, ALBUM, MUSIC, X-PLORE. The ONLY app that can browse (see) all Folders is ES File Explorer. The strange thing is also that inside a viewable Folder(from A to D), all indexed Folders are seen without a problem. Windows based PC in my house also show all Folders of disk. My BRAVIA embedded software does not!!!!

When finally connected to my TP-LINK ARCHER I deleted that connection and then created it again. I have rebooted twice and now router seems quickly visible. I will inform if problem happens again.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

As one of your posts has already been escalated in regards to the heating issue - when Sony contacts you about this, you might want to mention the other issues that you are experiencing too.

Point 4 is a known issue.

cheers

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

OK number six issue is an ANDROID issue or a mini DLNA LINUX(TP-LINK ARCHER) issue. Happens to my ANDROID tablet too, on same network. But WHO will solve? Google Android programmers or SONY programmers? That's the question....

But even if folders are seen by ES File Explorer, a video file cannot be played because it starts then stops then buffers then starts then stops then buffers etc etc etc.

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

ADD a new one:

Entering Settings - Channel adjust - Digital Adjustments.

There is not a quick(normal) respond at Remote Control commands. Television responds 2-3 seconds after a key is pressed(Arrow key or Enter key). So it becomes very difficult to make adjustments. Edit channel list etc etc.

There is also another strange behaviour. If you enter Digital Adjustments and do not make a selection for 90 seconds, tv automatically goes back to Main Channel page.

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

New notice for TP-LINK Archer VR900 and Android DLNA Network:

The problem seems not to be letter D on folder indexing and upwards, but the number of Folders that exist. Android TV or Tablet cannot see more than twelve folders on disk root connected on router USB ports. Same happens if I move all folders inside a new Folder minus one(can see 11) which is of course the new one Folder.

Seems that this is a limit or bug between Android and Linux.

I have contacted TP-LINK for this problem.

I keep wondering why only ES File Explorer can view all folders.