Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KD43X8305C

keperki90
New

Sony KD43X8305C

I have just bought a KD43X8305C television & HT-XT100 Home Theatre. The Home Theatre has an HDMI port marked 'ARC' but  the television ports are only marked 'HDMI'. Does this mean they are not for 'Control for HDMI'

8 REPLIES 8
Caledonian_TV
Contributor

No... One of your HDMI ports, 4 I think, is supposed to support ARC. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

HDMI 4 is the ARC port on your TV.  However it should be labled - if by any chance it isnt, connect the cable to it anyhow and see if it works.

Cheers

keperki90
New

Still can't get any sound out. Could I have a setting wrong?

Sent from my hudl
Caledonian_TV
Contributor

My experience with a similar set was that ARC support is hit-and-miss.  While I still had mine I had the opportunity to try it with around a 1/2 dozen or so different amps and sound bars... Some it would work with, some it just wouldn't. 

However, buried in your audio settings is the option to switch your output from the speakers to the audio out. You need to ensure this is set correctly, IIRC press the ACTION MENU button, then select 'Speakers'  — 'Audio system'.

You'll also need to set the digital audio out to suit you system. Press the HOME button, then select Settings — Sound — Digital audio out - try Auto first...

keperki90
New

Thanks for the suggestions but still no joy.

In the TV's list of supported Sound bars is the HT-XT1 mine is the HT-XT100
so I don't think they are compatible.

Never mind it's not the end of the world. I was only trying to reduce the 3
remotes I currently use for Sound Stage, TV, & Tivo Box
Caledonian_TV
Contributor

I wound up using an optical connection...  But then of course you still have the remote for the amp... And there were other problems... 

Universal remote maybe? - I should possibly try one myself :slight_smile:

keperki90
New

Once again thanks for the suggestion, it shouldn't be this hard to mate up 2
Sony devices
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Of course HXXT100 is compatible! HDMI-ARC port is normally HDMI4, all the other ones are bravia-sync compatible: so if you want the audio going back thorugh the HDMI (>1.4 cable needed) you have to hook it up to HDMI4, on any other port you'll get in any case the option to use the TV remote to comand the soundbar and attached braviasync compatible devices.

You should enable braviasync in the setting of both devices. You can check what the system see attached by pressing the sync-menu button on the remote (not the soundbar itself but the attached devices). In the setting menu you can set all the parameter for the soundbar via the Home Teather menu without the need of any use of the soundbar remote .