Join now - be part of our community!

sony dsc tx55 - tripod adapter/thread size

profile.country.en_GB.title
erch777
Visitor

sony dsc tx55 - tripod adapter/thread size

I've recently aquired a sony dsc tx55 without any accessories. Great camera but problem lies in the fact that the tripod thread size is smaller than any standard I'm aware of. Online bumpf suggests it was sold with an adapter but I can find no information about this adapter and what thread size it is! Help Please!

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

Hi erch, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

The T-series cybershots are Sony's ultra-compact range. I believe the TX55 was the thinnest compact in the world when it was launched. Early T-series designs had no tripod mount because the body was so slim, it was unable to house a standard quarter-inch thread. Later designs (such as the TX55) overcame this to some extent by incorporating a non-standard miniature thread along with an adapter. Without the adapter, I'm afraid you won't find a tripod that will fit.

You could try contacting the nice people at Sony customer support and see if they're able to supply you with one: http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/contacts/dime

Cheers

Mick

Forget about contacting the "Nice Folks" at Sony regarding the tripod thread size....I tried three times....NO ONE could answer this very basic question.....How do you produce a camera and not know the tripod thread size