Join now - be part of our community!

Problems accessing Synology Diskstation 112J via Sony Bravia 50W815bsu TV

AndrewCUK
Explorer

Problems accessing Synology Diskstation 112J via Sony Bravia 50W815bsu TV

Hi

Just bought a Sony Bravia 50W815bsu TV from the lovely guys at John Lewis. Love the TV, BUT...

I'm having a huge amount of trouble getting it to see the contents of my Synology Diskstation NAS. I have a Diskstation 112j running Media server. Media Player on the TV shows the Diskstation but 9/10 times I've tried to access it I get a 'Connecting to server. Please wait' message and nothing happens. A couple of times when I've tried I've got to see three folders on the NAS: Photo, Music and Video . But when I go into thefolders it says 'no content to display', even thought there is content there. Music is MP3, video is Mp4 and phtos are JPEG.

Can anyone help a frustrated chap that just wants to watch his moview collectuion on his lovely new TV??

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I guess the first thing to know is if you have connected the TV via wireless or a LAN cable.  If wireless, try using a LAN cable instead and see if this helps?

In regards to the content - ensure that you have shared the correct folders in the Media Server on the Synology.  You could also try installing Serviio on the Synology as this is a great DLNA media server with you can install via Diskstation (I think).

Cheers

AndrewCUK
Explorer

Thanks 

I'm conected via Lan and I'm 99.9% sure that I've shared the correct folders on Synology. So it looks like I'm down for trying Serviio - will let you know how it goes.

Cheers