Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 2015 TV models

SOLVED
Hjalte
New

Sony 2015 TV models

Hey

I would like to know if there is 3D in the new line of tv from Sony (2015 models).

And which 4k models is in 3D?

Tags (5)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The following 2015 series models are in 3D (just bare in mind that 3D in 4K does not exist).

4K TVs

• X94C - 75"
  • X93C - 55" and 65"
  • X90C - 55" and 65"
  • S85C - 55" and 65"
  • X85C - 55", 65" and 75"

1080p (FullHD)

• W85C - 55" and 65"
  • W80C - 43", 50" and 55"

Cheers

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The following 2015 series models are in 3D (just bare in mind that 3D in 4K does not exist).

4K TVs

• X94C - 75"
  • X93C - 55" and 65"
  • X90C - 55" and 65"
  • S85C - 55" and 65"
  • X85C - 55", 65" and 75"

1080p (FullHD)

• W85C - 55" and 65"
  • W80C - 43", 50" and 55"

Cheers

profile.country.RO.title
Dan24Me
Explorer

May i ask here is there a difference to Triluminos technology/2015 and Triluminos technology/2013 found at KD-55X9005A?

profile.country.GB.title
Folkfanger

@Anonymous Hi again Q. I talked my son into getting an LG Oled 55" . I watched his 3D. the other night. OK it's what you expect, but little actual media around. What blew me away was the fantastic simulated 3D and only using glasses from the cinema.

So I used my Sony vouchers and bought 2 pairs of Sony specs. £100 total. Oh dear. I find the 3D samples available on Utube look so average on the Sony. Worse I find that my £2300 Sony won't convert 2D to 3D at all. So nothing at all to watch. Funny the 2014 Sonys did 3D simulation from 2D. Are they going backwards? 

Wish i'de got the LG too. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Folkfanger 

I always wondered why Sony took that 'simulated 3D' option away from this years TVs.  I an only conclude it was a business cost vs wanted feature.  Bearing in mind the OS change to Android, maybe it was difficult snd costly to implement.  

My personsl opinion is that simulated of anything is rubbish, even 'simulated surround sound'.

Question for you, is this a feature you would like?

profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

Hi,

I think 4K OLED has to be the way forward after seeing one in the flesh (John Lewis).

I agree with Quinnicus, simulated shimulated...

Regards

If it ain't broke don't fix it
profile.country.CZ.title
spectorcz
Explorer

Hi guys,
I'm considering buying of 65W859C (eventually 857C as its silver frame would fit color wise to my living room color setup). Can you pls answer few questions for me?
1) Is Skype app working on this TV?( if you install it from google play store) If so, which external usb camera do you recommend that would work with this tv?
2) What kind of CPU does the tv have? is it dual or quad core? ( to easily check that if you run Kodi and having wireless keyboard connected, you can press "O" key while running any video and when info pops up there is a row starting with letter W that tells you information about CPU utilization and number of cores).
3) What options are to sort out the channels, or how good is channel management? Can the list of channels be stored on USB flash drive and sorted by some external program on PC and then be uploaded back to the TV? Assuming there are hundreds of channels from dvb-t, sat, I would like to easily manage the order, favourites and so on by myself as quickly and user friendly as possible.
4) I heard the tv is not capable of playing videos with bitrate > 40 Mbps ( for instance Samsung Oceanic demo - full hd, bitrate 40Mbps), is that really true?
5) Is the built-in wifi working also in 5GHz bandwith or it is just 2.4GHz.
6) Are the color of frame (black vs silver) and motion rate (1000Hz vs 800Hz) the only differences between w859c and w857c ?

Thanks, 

Martin

profile.country.GB.title
Folkfanger

@AnonymousI would normally agree about simulated rubbish but as I saw the newsreader standing in front of his set in crystal clear detail on an LG tv, I have to think that the art of the possible overules preconceived limitations.