Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Android TV - Blank Screen issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

2015 Android TV - Blank Screen issue

Hi all

Im creating a breakaway thread for this particular issue -away from the general chatter thread. 

In a nutshell, Sony require more information from the community in order to diagnose and ultimately find a solution.

Questions:

1. What model TV does this occur on
  2. Does it happen on certain connected devices or just viewing tv (Freeview)
  3. If so, what devices (make/model) and how is it connected to the TV.
  4. What other devices do you have connected to the TV - HDMI or ?
  5. Have you identified a pattern for when this happens or is it seemingly random

I know some of you have answered this before, so appologies - the more people that can provide information, the quicker and more likely it can be resolved.

Thanks all.

85 REPLIES 85
DRae22
New

1. KD55X8509C

2. Sky Box and Sony Blu Ray

3. Sky Box latest version to HDMI 1 and Sony Blu Ray HDMI 4

4. No other devices connected

5. Happens every time there is a software updgrade. Just blank screen and no sound. I have to reset the factory settings and then it all works but of course that takes time and you lose any special set up you did. Also have to re sync the voice remote control etc.

Also when you do the reset you have the picture of the wrong remote. It shows you to push the voice remote but of course you have to push the enter button on the normal TV remote. Very frustrating until you realise you are being shown a picture of the wrong remote. I love the TV but these problems are very frustrating. A software upgarde shouldnt mean I have to re set up everything again.

Nibor99

Hi - re blank screen issue (TV not switching off properly version) - I have been in touch with a Sony engineer who suggested a factory reset. So --- after making a note of all my settings I have performed the reset by going through settings/storage/ and using the erase option.

There were a few nervous moments but eventually the Android Colours of Hope cut in and the TV opened up as it did when I first bought it - EXCEPT that when I checked to see if an update was required the response was "up to date" so it appears that the October 13th Update has been assimilated.

It remains to be seen if the procedure has cured the blank screen of death issue!!

Fingers Crossed!!

deko_kal
Explorer

finally came from work.

disconect anything , leave the tv out of power one hour for discharge.

When i opened , everything OK !!! :slight_smile:

They told me ( customer support ) that they working for an update to resolve the bug....

Same problem, daily occurances of black screen advising 'No Video' and sound, changing channels makes no difference, home button works, TV guide is blank. Full power reset restores to normal.

Problem occurs with and also without any external devices connected.

• What model TV does this occur on? - KD49X8309C
  • Does it happen on certain connected devices or just viewing tv (Freeview) - So far, just when viewing Freeview.
  • If so, what devices (make/model) and how is it connected to the TV. - N/A
  • What other devices do you have connected to the TV - HDMI or ? Apple TV, PS4, Sony Wired Soundbar.
  • Have you identified a pattern for when this happens or is it seemingly random - Seemingly random, has happended whilst switching to an HD channel, but it has occured mostly when waking from an extended amount of time in standby mode e.g. overnight, returing from a day at work.

I have owned this TV for seven days and so far have had to reset the TV nine times due to it being un-responsive, it is getting somewhat tedious and frustrating after spending £900 on something that should work correctly straight out of the box. I am considering returning the unit as 'Not fit for purpose'.

john.pringle

Mine is exactly the same. On a daily basis.

Sent from my iPad
john.pringle

On Saturday I did a factory reset and since then I have not had to reboot the tv   Happy days!! My tv is not suffering from any other problems now  the guide is instant same as channel changing   To anyone who is having problems try  a factory reset  it cured my problems     

andy_11
Explorer

Have the same problem. Blank screen only sound comes out!!!

KD-65x8509c

john.pringle

Spoke too soon  this time blank screen no sound  it only happens overnight  this morning turn tv on and everything is fine frustrating but I'm sure it will be sorted. 

rab1973
Explorer

KD55X8509C  When watching general satellite, and turning channel over with prog + & -  3 times today. I have a panasonic bluray player attached. It actually works unlike the tv.

profile.country.IT.title
e.ruscigno
Explorer

1. KD-43X8309C

2. No connected devices...just at power on from standard remote control (viewing TV)

3. None

4. None

5. it seemingly random