Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Android TV - Blank Screen issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

2015 Android TV - Blank Screen issue

Hi all

Im creating a breakaway thread for this particular issue -away from the general chatter thread. 

In a nutshell, Sony require more information from the community in order to diagnose and ultimately find a solution.

Questions:

1. What model TV does this occur on
  2. Does it happen on certain connected devices or just viewing tv (Freeview)
  3. If so, what devices (make/model) and how is it connected to the TV.
  4. What other devices do you have connected to the TV - HDMI or ?
  5. Have you identified a pattern for when this happens or is it seemingly random

I know some of you have answered this before, so appologies - the more people that can provide information, the quicker and more likely it can be resolved.

Thanks all.

85 REPLIES 85
Neoimtek
Explorer

Front left side bottom corner at the back are the controls for on/off
volume up/down & channels up/down I just switch it off then on and I've had
no trouble since ...touch wood 😁
philjwade

As previously suggested SEND IT BACK to Sony when they have a warehouse full of returned sets perhaps they will get the message. I am very happy with my replacement Samsung - it switches on and off when I tell it to!

Csg3060

Model kd 49x8305c dk version

fw 3169100eub

Freeview mostly.

use Hdmi1 for Appletv

Use optical out for aw-reciever.

i had some of the issues mentioned, sudden reboot, unable to use remote to power off, unresponsive remote.

I noticed the sideview app vas responsive and could be used to reactivare remote usage.

I am testing disabling unnecessary apps, but lack of meningfull names makes it difficult.

maybe Sony can deliver a Vanilla andriod including only the needed apps for freeview areal, cable, sat and hdmi.

then users can install aditional apps.

anyway the tv seems more stabile after i dared disabling some apps. Have not experienced unresponsive remote yet, (3 days).

Greetings, 

chrgray

Yes, it would be good to get together a list of apps that can be safely disabled.

philjwade

Sony are rolling out a a firmware update 02/02/16............. good luck with that. Too little too late - hope it works for you all better than the last one which actually made things worse for me - reason I returned the set to Sony and purchased a Samsung! 2 months of trouble free viewing so far with the TV under MY control and not randomly doing its own thing via the buggy firmware from Sony.:smileyshocked:

Csg3060

49x8305c

still no problems after disabling a lot off apps.

i didnt mention these issues previously.

I had the " no picture but sound" problem when switching off tv. 

Tv sometimes unresponsive in home screen using remote ( sideview responsive though).

havent experienced any since shutting down some apps, a lot of apps.

RoxanneKerns
Explorer

Unplug all the cable and reconnect them again. Now check for the update of any software. Finish the update, install the update. Which HDMI cable you have? I have HDMI 2.0 and this works for me. 

profile.country.GB.title
stworbo29
Explorer

I have exactly the same problem as yourself my set is only 2 weeks old and has the latest software installed,i am waiting for a reply from sony but i am considering returning my set for a refund as these sets are clearly not fit for purpose,having to reboot before i can watch any program is unaceptable as far as im concerned,

philjwade

I sent mine back last year - now have a Samsung with no problems. So the last lot of updates never worked.Glad I went with a Samsung.

amritman
New

when i turned offf the 49 sony X83C TV yesterday night. when turn on the tv next day the screen blank blink blue and red light under the sony logo. 

So please advice how to solve blank screen issues.