Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
djadrianc

I get the crackling on my playbar when during playback from my ps4 via the android TV. I'm guessing it might be down to it currently not supporting some output feature but don't know what
lebarry
Explorer

Anyone having issues with the " Action Menu"  button on their remote? I am constantly having to reset the TV to get this to function, no way of knowing of course if this is a software glitch and a known issue which will be addressed with a software update. Just had about a belly full of the nonsense associated with this Android TV .

profile.country.GB.title
UnoBorg

5.1 from most films I watch on Netflix! either through blu-ray player that comes free! or through Tv

Bar--8

No major issues with the "Action Menu" here....49" 4K

andrewsoong

How long does it take everyone to change channel with the +/-?

Mine takes three seconds to go from one channel to the next. THREE seconds!

profile.country.nl_NL.title
tcviper
Explorer

I have exactly the same thing, even through TV Sideview changing channels takes like 3-5 seconds 😞 Very slow.

Also no Dolby Audio from Digital TV here, same for Netflix (Which also has audio out of sync and subtitles). Very buggy release, I really hope Sony wakes up.

Also, HDMI devices behind a Sony STR receiver dont work correct nor can they be controller by the TV's remote, it shows the message No signal check the external input. It looks like Bravia sync doesnt work correct when there is an AVR in between....

profile.country.en_GB.title
petsmart

tcviper, i am having the same issues regaring playback in anything with 5.1 etc..all stereo like netflix etc. i have asked the question to sony support during an ongoing case with the issue you describe below regarding the Sony STR and HDMI /Arc input with no signals coming though from certain devices.

will report back if i get anywhere..so far no luck but still troubleshoting with a helpful guy to be fair at Sony customer support.

profile.country.nl_NL.title
tcviper
Explorer

Good to hear Im not the only one, I srsly hope Sony watches this topic and does something about it, cause these bugs are srsly a no go with a product like this. My old Bravia W905A works perfectly fine.

profile.country.GB.title
ianhug
Explorer

I reported that lipsync with Freeview HD was still bad and unpredictable on other channels (but fine if fed from a recorder via the component feed).  

This is what I got back from Sony:

In regards to your enquiry, please note that in an attempt to resolve the lip sync issue, you may perform a factory reset for the TV and then try the different pictures and sound modes on the TV and check if that would resolve the issue.

'Also, you may unplug the aerial cable from the TV and perform a retune without the cable plugged, after doing so, please plug the aerial cable back in and perform a reset and retune and hopefully that will resolve the issue'.

I went back to say that we should not have to continually factory reset and that this had made no difference anyway and just received this comment:

'Thank you for your e-mail.

In regards to your enquiry, please note that our engineers are working on firmware update releases which would resolve the issues in the near future.

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this email.

Thank you for your enquiry'.

Still no date but at least acknowledgment of an issue.

alellio01

A firmware update provisionally planned for the 22nd, that should help improve the system's performance.

Sorry no other infomation guys. I have asked.