Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373

NTFS works just fine with any linux or unix system these days. I havent used FAT32/exFAT the last 2 years on any of Sony's tv's (which all ran on a linux-based platform.)

elraouk

So, I finally got cash in the bank from Sony and my return is complete! 
Question now is what to buy next, would you buy your Sony TV with the current firmware at the current price? 
For me it's would i buy a a 43X8305C for £669? 
profile.country.GB.title
angelacr

No, it is not a bug it is a feature. In settings go to Display, select Screen and click on 'Dispay area'. You can choose full pixel are some form of overscan. I prefer full pixel and that is what you have got at present and the screen message is confirming that,

Someone else is complaining of the same thing. It surprises me no end that people do not 'explore' the technology they buy. What's the point of owning something you don't know how to use the setting to your advantage?

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@angelacr wrote:

No, it is not a bug it is a feature. In settings go to Display, select Screen and click on 'Dispay area'. You can choose full pixel are some form of overscan. I prefer full pixel and that is what you have got at present and the screen message is confirming that,

Someone else is complaining of the same thing. It surprises me no end that people do not 'explore' the technology they buy. What's the point of owning something you don't know how to use the setting to your advantage?

You are either blind, stupid or ignorant. Which one are you? It is a bug as the notification keeps popping up continuously ( every couple of minutes ) when it should only appear once. So again, which one are you?

profile.country.GB.title
tennysonman

Hi Guys, We strongly recommend that after the update process the TV is put through the factory data reset and power cycled for the update to fully take place.Only after doing this then report any bugs or problems.

MikeLothian

I'm not on the latset firmware, I can confirm that Netflix has 5.1 surround

I'm still unable to get 5.1 surround from my PS3 connected to HDMI 3, or get 5.1 from my PC connected to HDMI 1, both of which should pass through to my receiver on HDMI4/ARC

The menus do seem more responsive and I've not had to reboot the set (yet)

I still can't access the 3D settings from apps other than the defaul Video one or get 5.1 surround - this also included Google Play Videos

Heckie

@MikeLothian

Set PS4 Audio output to Bitstream and TV Digital audio out to Auto1 and it will pass 5.1 to Amp.

Cant get it to work with Google Play movies yet though or Chromecast, Nexus Player - both of which output 5.1 when plugged directly into amp, but the TV is downsampling them to PCM 2.0.

dataghost
Explorer

Guys I have the x85c and Im not seeing any HDR options anywhere.  Ive looked in the picture settings, vivid, standard, etc. but nothing.

Can anyone tell me exactly how to activate it.  Also does this setting then carry over into the netflix app?

Its not a thing you "activate".. Its always on and only used when a HDR
signal is present, just like when You puts in a 3D BD and the tv switches
to 3D by itself
dataghost
Explorer

hmmm strange, a reboot of the tv added the HDR video option at the bottom of the picture list.  When I select this and watch something on Netflix in 4k the picture looks very washed out and brighter colours look blown out?  I tried Marco Polo.  Switching it back to Vivid and it looked awesome.

Also, in external inputs I have switched my HDMI ports to 'enhanced format' which allows 4k 60p 4:4:4, whaever that means  :slight_smile: