Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

@ previous posts

• I also have "flicker" at entering and exiting GUIDE(EPG). A little bit less duration than previous firmware but yet annoying. Sometimes also sound is lost when entering GUIDE.
  • I also have, after latest firmware, a touch remote LOSS (RMF-TX100E). Solved by removing batteries for a minute.
  • I also cannot arrange Favorites. The PROG +/- button does not move channels selected as Favorites but moves channels arranged in the whole channel list. Also some times the message "channel mode is favorites..." appears and sometimes it does not. Also numbering is not 1, 2, 3, 4 ....etc but number shown is the wholes channel list number e.g. 500, 650, ..... etc.
  • I also have forgot Satellite receiver. Cannot arrange channels because of EXTREME SLOWNESS in settings and because of automatic re-arranging even if this is disabled. A few days ago I tried a manual search of ONLY TWO channels: FunBox 4K and Hot Bird 4K1(10726 H 3000 3/4) on Hotbird. One frequency with two channels. They where placed at 101 and 102. I moved them to numbers 1 and 2. After reboot they went back to 101 and 102. This is ridiculous and my main problems with this TV set
  • Another issue with satellite receiver is that after reboot tv from Digital(DVB-T) or home screen, if I then select General Satellite I get a "No signal. Please check your antenna connection". This does not stop, you cannot see any sat channel. The only trick I can do to solve is to go back to Digital(DVB-T) and then select again General Sat. Then everything works fine. This problem does not occur if I reboot TV from General Sat.
scoopy6

@MiCal1967  edit: see what you meant now but... Favourites to show in the guide is certainly obscure, but it's Guide> Action Menu> select 'Categories'> ok

49X8309C in uk
mk1.golf.1983

@Anonymous, hi could you please add these faults to your list to be reviewed by Sony. Thanks 

• Tv updated to latest firmware that inc hdd recording. 
  • Tv had 30 idle time after update. 
  • Tv was then factory reset. 

1. Intermittent fault with ethernet connection that was previously resolved (it happened a few times before latest update) by a soft reboot of the system.
  2. Tv goes blank and fails to respond to commands when a recording starts on a different channel to the one being watched. 
  3. Soft reboot no longer works with hdd plugged in. Tv will reboot to the Sony splash screen and stay there, buttons on the remote and on the rear of the tv do not work. The hdd needs to be disconnected and power to the tv needs to be cut in order to get it running again. Plug the usb back in and it works as it should. 
  • Tv has been factory reset again and the faults are still present. 
scoopy6

And once a recording has started, there seems no way to stop it or to delete it untill it has completed on its own. 

49X8309C in uk
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mk1.golf.1983

Hi there

Q1 - Can you please post more info on your networking issue in this THREAD

Q2 - I had this issue too, when i was testing.  At the time i just turned my TV off and went to bed - so agreed, needs looking at

Q3 - I dont have a proper HDD to test this one (im using USB stick, even though Sony says it dont work - well one function doesnt work) - would love it if someone could confirm this....

Cheers

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

@scoopy6

Thanks scoopy6. I know what you say but the problem is not selecting Favorites.

It is browsing favorites with PROG +/- on remote, function not showing when changing from digital to favorites or vice versa and numbering of favorites.

To explain better. If I select two channels for my "Favorites 1" list when selecting Favorites 1 the way you say, I sometimes see a message saying "channel mode is favorites 1". This messange does not show every time but occasionaly.

After entering favorites then normally by pressing PROG +/- on remote should go from first to second to first to second etc but it does not. It goes to next channel on whole digital channel list.

Also channel numbering for those two favorite channels is not 1 and 2 but the number they have in whole digital channel list.

Those I say do not happen all the time. Sometimes TV is confused:smileyhappy:

Could also be Language related problems. I found out today. A selection I could not make in my Language could be made in English Language !!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@scoopy6 wrote:

And once a recording has started, there seems no way to stop it or to delete it untill it has completed on its own. 

@scoopy6

Just tested this for me.  It works. 

DSCN0717.JPG

DSCN0718.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

mk1.golf.1983 wrote:
  1. Tv goes blank and fails to respond to commands when a recording starts on a different channel to the one being watched

I can no longer replicate this.  Upon recording, the tv switches over to the channel to be recorded.  And cannot switch back over (as per design), with this message:

DSCN0716.JPG

So for me, this is now working properly - no factory reset either....  Hmm

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@chbjerg are you using the EPG Guide or the Youview one? if it's the first like for us European people :slight_smile: it works exactly like you expected (at least on mine W805C):

• pressing guide button it remains on the last channel viewed, exiting return to the same
  • when you select a favourite list on the guide AND select a channel on that list to be viewed, afterword channel up/down buttons works only on that list. If you enter the number of any other channel it exits from the "Favourite" mode
  • The tv do not show the internal speaker value but the soundbar one and I think is better then reading it on the soundbar. The reason why they are different is that the TV works on a 1-100 scale while the soundbar on 1-50 scale, so the value shown on TV is always double than the sounbar one. Not a great issue.
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@Quinnicus wrote:

@mk1.golf.1983 wrote:
  1. Tv goes blank and fails to respond to commands when a recording starts on a different channel to the one being watched

I can no longer replicate this.  Upon recording, the tv switches over to the channel to be recorded.  And cannot switch back over (as per design), with this message:

DSCN0716.JPG

So for me, this is now working properly - no factory reset either....  Hmm

Yes, sure, on a single tuner set.

But are you saying that I can't switch away from the recording to the second tuner on a two-tuner set, and watch something else?

That would blow chunks 😞

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking