Join now - be part of our community!

49XD8088 Poor Youtube quality

adam_b82
Explorer

49XD8088 Poor Youtube quality

Hi Guys,

As above I'm getting awful quality video playback when using youtube - loads of strange barcode type pixelation and strange areas of image breakup/shading. This happens regardless of video and playback qaulity. YouTube playback is fine via iphone/ipad/pc connected wirelessly in the same house. 

Got some examples here:

https://youtu.be/uy9mnBw5S3M

https://youtu.be/s4poCCpjcis  (might need to watch the whole clip as it gets worse)

I'm also watching 4k (HDR?) on netflix/amazon through the telly with no problems...

I've got the telly hooked up via ethernet to the Virgin Media Router which is connected to a 60mbps fiber connection.

So far I've tried:

Firmware update

Full factory reset

Clear Youtube app cache

Sony support isn't really that helpful, any ideas folks?

Thanks! 

21 REPLIES 21
antonszander
Explorer

I've tried that youtube on kodi works fine just not via the app version.

adam_b82
Explorer

Hi I've tried it on all the qulity settings, it's noticably worse on 1080 or 4k but you still get it on 240 which seems crazy.

It's strange though as no dropped frames and netflix and amazon are fine....

antonszander
Explorer

I've uploaded a video of the problem https://youtu.be/3GCvVDruurw

Very similar to your own problem, I also got word back from Sony saying I need to contact youtube as it's a problem on there side ?😑

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

most likely a problem with the YouTube app

antonszander
Explorer

Yea I would agree with that given that youtube works fine on my minix neo u1 ps4 xbox one fire stick and recently tried a mi box 3 all worked fine , sony bravia with youtube built in being the only problem 

antonszander
Explorer

Did you get a fix for the youtube problem 

adam_b82
Explorer

Nope still awating Sony to come back. 

They call about once a week to say that it is still being explored and it has been esculated, but I not holding out much hope! 

I'm pretty annoyed as really a £700 should be able to play youtube videos correctly :slight_smile:

Still hopfully whenever Andriod TV 7 arrives (say end of 2017!!!!), it my be fixed ???

antonszander
Explorer

Wow I expected more from Sony with regards to this I'm the same still nothing I might return it and see if I can get it fixed or replaced as it's a pain.

antonszander
Explorer

Right got an update I was getting nowhere with sony so I went to the company I purchased the TV from they came and picked it up after over a week with it they have replaced the motherboard on the TV they said that was the fault and are testing it at the moment I get it back all going well on Tuesday I will update you if everything is fine and the actual cause was the motherboard..

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Thanks for the update on how things are progressing with your issue - as others have not reported this issue, it does indeed seem that there is a fault with your TV.  Hopefully this replacement mainboard resolves the problem completely for you.

Cheers