Join now - be part of our community!

50w809C youtube after 6.0 update - ONLY 72060P

50w809C youtube after 6.0 update - ONLY 72060P

Hello,

I just updated my TV to 6.0 and... YT does not work in 1080p60, only 720p60. All videos uploaded in 1080p60 can be played only in 720p60 NOT EVEN IN 1080p. Videos uploaded in 1080p workok. IS THIS A JOKE? YT is the main thing i'm using o this tv other than TV, is there any fix to that? Otherwise i gonna have to call-support to replace my mainboard with 5.1 software...

Realy this is a joke... THEY SHOULD AT LEAST INFORM ABOUT THAT BEFORE RELEASING THIS UPDATE.

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have justed tested my TV which is on the same firmware as yours (3.865) and can play 1080p @ 60fps fine.  See photos:

YT - 1080p60 - 01.JPG

4K Promotion.jpg

Suggest trying a factory reset - instructions HERE.

Cheers

youtubeissue
Explorer

Hi There, its me again. Forgot the email i used for previous account.

Do you have the 80xC series or a 4k TV? If a 4k one then you probably have it... I already tries Factory reset - no luck.

Please support as its realy irritating. When i run videos like :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1La4QzGeaaQ

It runs in 720p60 which looks horrible...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have a 4K TV - KD-55XD8577  - however I wouldnt have thought that would matter.  It should be running the same firmware as yours so...

Maybe another forum member can confirm if they too have this problem?

Cheers

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Hi,

I have the exactly same model-typ(50W809C). Did updated to Marshmallow, without factory reset after.

I will check Youtube this evening to see what is the situation.

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi

For the above Youtube video I have the option of 1080p60 and 1440p60.

Both resolution can be selected but playback for both has a bad low frame rate.

There is also another same video Peru 8K but works only 720p (not 8K) and good frame rate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-coC4jU3KKI

youtubeissue
Explorer

IF you have 1440p60 this means you have 4k TV as this should not be available on FHD one.

I'm asking people with FullHD TVs like W80x and W75x series.

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Hi Guys,

so, I have checked on my 50W809C...

I only had the 720p60fps option, no 1080, although the video was 1080. Simple, not 60fps videos are 1080p.

After factory reset, it was the same.

I should mention that on my Galaxy Tab S2 with Nougat all these videos which I tried had also max. 720p60fps as option.

I have a 100/50 Mb/s internet connection with a RT-AC68U Asus Router. TV is connected over wired LAN(Ethernet). So internet shouldn't be a problem.

I didn't had time to check it on a Notebook. So I don't know if its a Youtube regional limitiation or something else.

edit: after some google action I found something interesant to read:

https://www.reddit.com/r/youtube/comments/671g4p/1080p_option_suddenly_disappeared_looking_for_help/...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent - Thank you @djmickey83

In the link you provided, this was posted 14hours ago:

"We've fixed it on our end! Waiting for it to go out in the next server release."

youtubeissue
Explorer

Stange, i would understand if it was global issue with YT, but as Quinnicus show before on his 4k he has it available... also it was available on Android 5.1.

Still i'm missing this, which makes me angry as 720p60 YT is much more compressed than 1080... the Peru video looks like crap liveTV broadcast.