Join now - be part of our community!

AG9 55 Fault

profile.country.GB.title
manjitnotay
Explorer

AG9 55 Fault

Hello, I wanted to share my experience and perhaps get some advice... 

I recently purchased the new OLED AG9 55 2 weeks ago (from a very reputable shop) and was very happy with the purchase, however yesterday as I went to power on the TV, it immediately powered it-self off and the red power light blinks 4 times.

I have tried a soft reset; where I unplug all the cables, leave for 5 minutes and then only plug in the power cord and tried again. this time I noticed the TV comes on for a few seconds and then I see 4-5 thin white horizontal lines on the bottom of the screen and it immediately powers off as above with blinking red power light. 

After some research I tried a hard reset where you hold the volume down and and power button, the light goes green and it tries to start, this time I see the Sony logo, and then the android logo, and again - as before white horizontal lines and it powers off and I get the 4 red blinks.

I tried this procedure about 3 times with no joy.

The TV has been used very lightly, we have been very careful with it and so don't understand how this 2 week old TV can be faulty?

The retailer has agreed to replace the TV but I just wanted to find out what may have caused this - or have I just been unlucky with this otherwise superb TV.

any thoughts would be much appreciated. 

thanks,

M

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

LED blinking means hw fault. It happens. Only a technician who have access to service manual to decode the 4 binks can tell you what was broken. Do not add o remove anything to the tv quality in general

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@manjitnotay 

There’s a thing called the bathtub curve (because it looks like a crossways section through a bathtub), of faults over time.

When things are new, you can get early failures, from manufacturing defects, faulty components or so on. Quite steeply, this fails off to a long flat run, at the bottom of the bathtub, so to speak, where once bedded in, things run reliably, often for many years. Then, age sets in, and things wear out, and the fault curve starts to rise again.

Be glad your fault was very early, as this makes things very straightforward.

The chances are very high that your replacement will survive to the long flat bit, and give many years of good service 🤗

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…