Join now - be part of our community!

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

Hello.

During CES I heard a news that Sony will bring Android 6 (Marshmallow) to the 2015 TV lineup.

Link with Video

General News about Marshmallow on Android TV's

These news are from January.

Had anyone heard something new about this?

964 REPLIES 964
Patrandec

Another vote for moving the framerate discussion elsewhere. I asked a question about the update last night and it's been absolutely buried by this single issue argument.

profile.country.GB.title
Garymjh

@Patrandec wrote:

Another vote for moving the framerate discussion elsewhere. I asked a question about the update last night and it's been absolutely buried by this single issue argument.

Yes you're right, the support page lists an update but not the marshmallow one. 

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs-android-/kd-43xd8099

There's a few in that xd range that don't list the update though. The quickest way to find out is probably just to ring Sony. 

profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

To be fair with out upsetting to many forum members here the Android OS update has been discussed for weeks and months now non stop!

I feel the subject has been exhausted were pretty much most questions have been given some sort of answer at some point over the last 50+ pages now.

In my opinion if you still have a Sony android TV that still does not work after the 3.85 update or to your satisfaction then like quite a few other forum members have said take it to Sony direct or your retailer for a refund or trading standards if you wish.

If you need some answers no can stop you asking in here but Sony will not answer direct on this forum. The best thing to do is just skim over the past few months posts on here.

I for one am very happy a fresh subject has been brought to all our attentions and it's still with in this thread as it's Andriod OS related. It also has involved quite a few forums members that have their options and comments they put across which is fantastic.

I don't think it's your comments have been brushed aside it's that this is the subject mater whats trending on this thread at present time.

If no one answers your specific questions just may be members have already gone over the question already....

Anyway all is welcome here so fire away but remember if you want to bring a different subject within the realms of Andriod OS then please do.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z5 Smartphone
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All

I have not been as active this last week - so i have missed much of the discussion and problems in this thread.  This thread will remain 'un-resolved' at this stage as the roll-out is still on-going. 

This thread is mainly a general discussion thread, but if you have a specific problem, please create a new separate thread on these forums - as you can imagine, a free-for-all problem thread is hard to keep on-top of things.

Cheers

Patrandec

I did ask a general, Marshmallow related, question about why my particular model seems to be missing from the list. I think creating a new thread is a bit over the top?

profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

Great to see you back and I totally agree with your comment makes scene.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Patrandec wrote:

I did ask a general, Marshmallow related, question about why my particular model seems to be missing from the list. I think creating a new thread is a bit over the top?

Hi @Patrandec

Maybe I should have phrased it - use your own judgement too :slight_smile: 

Basically there are two versions of Android TVs at the moment - ATV1 (2015 and early 2016 models) and ATV 2 (late 2016 and early 2017 models).  In a previous post you mention KD-43XD8099, which falls into the ATV models - these where updated to Marshmallow sometime ago now.

Cheers

Patrandec

Really? I'll have to check my TV as I've had it since November 2016 and no major updates have been downloaded to it - and I have automatic updates on. Do you know where I can find the version number that the Marshmallow update was so I can check?

And thanks for the speedy reply. :slight_smile:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Patrandec

• Turn on your TV and press the HOME button on the remote to display the Home Menu.
  • Navigate to HELP > Settings, and press Enter.
  • On the TV screen, the firmware version number should appear like this: SOFTWARE VERSION vXXXX- if the version number is PKG6.1004.xxxx or higher you already have the most recent firmware.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

Wow agree.. First update for all 2015/16 models were out back in February this year then a further update last month only because Sony screwed it up.

It's on Sony UK or any of the EU support websites.

You can down load the PKG file via USB stick or wait for the automatic update aka OTA.

Most of this thread up until recently has been inundated regarding this issue if you care to look at the last 50 pages worth... Lol

Or download the Sony Support app via Play store or iPhone what ever they use to get apps....

Good luck!