Join now - be part of our community!

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

Hello.

During CES I heard a news that Sony will bring Android 6 (Marshmallow) to the 2015 TV lineup.

Link with Video

General News about Marshmallow on Android TV's

These news are from January.

Had anyone heard something new about this?

964 REPLIES 964
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Patrandec

I see you mentioned Marshmallow in particular - you can find the version by:

HOME > Settings > About   and in there it will say the version if you scroll down.

The my previous tells you the firmware version you have installed.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
andygegg
Explorer

If only the Home button still worked after tonight's catastrophic 'upgrade'...

profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

Try this link and download this app put your TV model into the search and it will keep you upto date with all things regarding your model of TV and firmware updates.

I don't know if this app works with iPhone iv never owned one and probably never will.. Lol

Anyway this may help you...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.sony.support

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z5 Smartphone
MrBombastic21
Explorer

Ι'm updating my KD-X8005C as I'm writing this post. Last time I didn't make it and Sony removed the update.

Any known issues or bugs with this update I should check my TV for?

The last couple of pages were interesting but a bit off-topic and I didn't find anything.

Sorry if there is a list or something I missed.

profile.country.GB.title
Garymjh

@MrBombastic21 wrote:

Ι'm updating my KD-X8005C as I'm writing this post. Last time I didn't make it and Sony removed the update.

Any known issues or bugs with this update I should check my TV for?

The last couple of pages were interesting but a bit off-topic and I didn't find anything.

Sorry if there is a list or something I missed.

I've got the same model and the only issue I had was Netflix not loading streams properly which was solved by the newer update. 

profile.country.GB.title
andipr

Successfully updated my KD43X8309CBU last night after checking on the TV if an update was available. 

I haven't performed a factory reset and everything appears to be working as expected.

Since buying the TV in AUg 2015 it's been relatively trouble free, but thought I'd let other users with this model know just in case they were hesitating with the OTA update.

My Model KD43X8309CBU
profile.country.GB.title
newbix

I just had another call from sony surpport.

They want to take my TV (75X9405) away to have some hardware changed?

I did say it's software not hardware. But he wouldn't have it. No wonder sony has no money.

Anonymous
Not applicable

In regards to all your problems @newbix - it might be for the best.  They will probably change the mainboard, which seems pretty common replacement these days.

profile.country.GB.title
newbix

@Quinnicus wrote:

In regards to all your problems @newbix - it might be for the best.  They will probably change the mainboard, which seems pretty common replacement these days.

@Anonymous

They already changed the main board a few weeks back after I installed the failed update.

My TV has been callibrated and I know the sony repair people by me, can't do calibration.

So gos knows what surpport will come up with.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@newbix wrote:
They already changed the main board a few weeks back after I installed the failed update.
My TV has been callibrated and I know the sony repair people by me, can't do calibration. So gos knows what surpport will come up with.

Oh.....  No wonder why your ***** 😞

I have no idea either.