Join now - be part of our community!

Android 7.0 (Nougat) Update - Discussion Thread

profile.country.GB.title
diodorus

Android 7.0 (Nougat) Update - Discussion Thread

I just read about the upcoming Nougat update for (US?) sony TVs, for example the KDX8300D.

Any idea if this will also happen at the same time for the (UK?) XD83, and if so if this will fix the 5.1 issues?

Thanks!

346 REPLIES 346
profile.country.IT.title
stumpjumper82
Explorer

McFear_AT ha scritto:

Hello,

I had the same problem with my Onkyo  NR646. After the update to Nougat.

The only thing that worked was a complete reset of the T.V.

Best regards

Same problem here with Pioneer VSX-S520D ampli. I will try complete reset tonight, I'll let you know the result, cross the fingers for me! :fingers_crossed:

Nougat update "kills definitely" a lot of ARC audio passthrough functionalities (DTS passthrought doesn't work with any other external media center app, intermittent HDMI ARC issues...), it's incredible that sony didn't test the new firmware with an amplifier connected to the TV through HDMI ARC port!  :rage:

profile.country.GB.title
Educated_Pork

This sounds very similar to the issues I'm seeing on my XE93. Since moving to Nougat, I'm seeing a lack of Audio over ARC (connected to a Denon AVR-X2300W) when using Netflix in some cases. I can change the audio from 5.1 in Netflix to something else, and it'll start playing audio.. but change back to 5.1 (English) and it's silent.

No amount of closing the application and retrying corrects it. After a restart of the TV, it starts working again.

So yeah, definitely some ARC/audio issues in Nougat at the moment. Here's hoping enough people are reporting these issues so they get fixed - soon. 😞

I didn't experience any of these issues under Marshmallow, FWIW.

Dean

profile.country.GB.title
dabasto98

I just want it to appear on my KDL43W809CBU!!!!

So frustrated 

profile.country.GB.title
dabasto98

Literally just did an update to my Sony Bravia Android TV KDL43W809C

new firmware is PKG3.885.0137EUA

any ideas???

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @dabasto98

Currently there is no ETA for the The Android 7.0 (Nougat) update for 2015 and early 2016 TVs.  However it is likely to be later on in the year.

I have responded to your other question in the MM thread.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
whatleydude

Well, this is exciting! :slight_smile: 

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00178873

I've got the KD-55X9305C and have just seen that the Nougat update is arriving imminently. Hurrah for HLG! 

That's cheered me right up. I hope it sorts the lack of Google Home compatibility. 

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

That's still Marshmallow.

Here is the Nougat roadmap.

profile.country.GB.title
whatleydude

Oh. My bad. As you were. 

Sorry. 

profile.country.GB.title
dabasto98

Has anyone gambled and put Nougat on their 2015 TV

I commented and was put of as it may brick my TV

I have a KDL43W809CBU

Im hoping it's possible as this Marshmallow isn't great at all!!!

is there any update to the Video app

as I'm using MX Player at the moment

but feel a good built in app would be preferable 

just want better view layout

maybe thumbnails,

see video run time, e.g. 2:42.12,

resolution e.g. 1920x1080,

full name etc

profile.country.GB.title
krs12345
Explorer

Just updated my TV 65xd9305 to the latest update. V3885.  Its not nougat but has one of the main features going out with the nougat.  I. E. HLG which is the main thing I wanted anyway. For people that don't know HLG is the hdr 10 of the broadcasting world. Basically programs like the BBC can be broadcast in HLG and our TVs process it so we can watch HDR TV channels. There isn't any broadcast as of yet but at least we have it. The other part of the updates seem to be fixes to marshmallow. Although haven't tested em yet but my TV is working after update so so far so good hahaha. Although as soon as the TV restart I was greeted to the message YouTube not responding lmao