Join now - be part of our community!

Android KD55X8509C stuck at language select

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
BearFowler
Explorer

Android KD55X8509C stuck at language select

Hi,

Im in need of some help. After trying to reset my KD55X8509C the tv is now stuck in a loop at the language / network selection screen.

Is there any solution for this? Any way to factory reset the TV from this point?

If tried to reset the tv following some information on this site by pressing the up arrow after turning the tv on but it does not appear to do anything,I think the procedure is only applicable to 2014 TVs. Can anyone confirm this?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Michael

22 REPLIES 22
profile.country.GB.title
BearFowler
Explorer

Morning,

My DNS is already set as 8.8.8.8.and 8.8.4.4.

Tried starting the TV with and without network connectivity. Enable / disable network location.

All with the same results TV is stuck in this loop at language selection.

I remeber enabling developer settings on the TV but not ADB, I thought, im not going to attempt to root my TV so why would I need ADB!! If only i could see into the future.

If I could get into the bootloader im sure clearing the user data etc would fix the issue. Theres got to be some sort of button combination to get the tv to boot into bootloader.

Or if Sony have an update package that wipes user data. I'll just have to wait until Monday to see if I can speak to someone at Sony customer care.

Michael

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Goodmorning,

This was what I was going to suggest next but you mentioned first.

If you can see your TV in Network and check if even ADB not enabled this can accept ADB commands!!

I hope you solve this tomorrow.

Have a nice day

Mike

profile.country.GB.title
BearFowler
Explorer

Hi Mike,

Yes the TV is on the network, I can even cast a video from my laptop to the TV!!

Using adb connect "tv-ip" does not connect.

Very frustrating! 

Hopefully I can get some help from Sony tomorrow.

Thanks to both of you for the suggestions

Michael

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Just to let you know, i have escalated your problem to Sony support for them to look at. 

For some reason, im sure ive heard similar on this forum before - but cannot find the post 😞  however i think it was resolved by replacing the mainboard in the tv itself.

Anyway, lets see what Sony says.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
BearFowler
Explorer

Excellent!

Thanks for that. Do you know what sort of time scale for them getting back to me?

Thanks

Michael 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Excluding the weekend - its a day or two at the most.  if i hear nothing by early to mid afternoon tomorrow - ill bump the escalation :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
BearFowler
Explorer

Thanks  Quinnicus,

Appreciate your help.

Michael

profile.country.GB.title
BearFowler
Explorer

Hi,

I had an email from Sony this morning asking for contact details and a convenient time for them to call. I suggested anytime from 15.30 any day this week. 

So at 14:00 I've a missed call from Sony and they'll try calling back tomorrow.

That's not going to be much help if I'm at work as I am everyday until 15:30!

Would I be speaking to anyone e different if I call Sony myself?

Michael

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Ill add those details to the escalation (i.e. after 15:30)

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
BearFowler
Explorer

Update

Tech support contacted me again yesterday.

Had me switch the TV off and on again with all network connections off. Surprisingly the issues was still there. A local TV repair company has now been in touch and will be on-site on Friday to see if they can repair the TV. Im guessing parts will need to ordered. 

Michael