Join now - be part of our community!

audio problem with KD-55AG8BU

audio problem with KD-55AG8BU

HELP - just purchased the above TV via Currys PC World. Marvellous Colour, but have problem with sound (incompatibilty of units ? Previous set up was Panasonic TV (about 2006), Humax model HDR-11005, and Sony Blu-ray Disc/DVD Home Theatre System (circa 2010).  This arrangement worked perfectly giving us surround sound for DVD, CD, or TV).

Assured by seller that this could be duplicated with the new TV type KD-55AG8BU.

Having Currys "experts" set up the system, we find that we cannot use the same audio set up. Any attempt to produce sound through our Sony Blu-Ray, results in a message that Audio Speakers are active, which immediately switches to "check cables" and the speakers selected are only the TV - i.e. loss of surround sound.  Have pored over the SONY literature, and spoken for an hour with a Sony contact, who was unable to resolve the problem, who subsequently forwarded videos by email, which seemed to concentrate on how to unpack the TV !  Have recalled two more "EXPERTS" from Currys, who pursuaded me that the  audio cable was faulty (another £35).  Still no result.

Can anyone advise me of the correct set up to achieve our requirements. ?

Cable set up is Blu Ray HDMI to HDMI 3/ARC, with optical cable to TV, and Humax to TV HDMI 1.  Any useful advise would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You didn't mention which bdv model (rather old I would say) you have and why you connect it using both hdmi/arc and optical cable. If it supports hdmi arc you won't need optical