Join now - be part of our community!

Blue screen message on KD-65X9005C

SOLVED
lxcalder
New

Blue screen message on KD-65X9005C

I recently had Sky Q installed and since then my TV randomly sometimes shows a black screen which only lasts for about a second then the TV goes back to normal. 

It also randomly shows a blue screen with a message on it. However this message is not on for long enough to read the message. It mentions HDMI but I have been unable to read the full message. 

This is quite annoying and it does not show up when rewinding the TV picture. 

Can anyone suggest what the problem may be and how to rectify it please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Its obviously hard to know whats going on without the error message - but my guess its the HDMI connection from the TV to the Sky Q Box - or maybe the colour settings on the Sky Q box (8 bit/10bit? colour).

First thing to do is try another suitable HDMI cable.  Quite often HDMI issues are solved with a new cable.

In I am not familiar with blue screen error messages on Sony Android TVs - so to me, this is suggesting a Sky box issue - but its a pure guess.  Need that error message :slight_smile:

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Its obviously hard to know whats going on without the error message - but my guess its the HDMI connection from the TV to the Sky Q Box - or maybe the colour settings on the Sky Q box (8 bit/10bit? colour).

First thing to do is try another suitable HDMI cable.  Quite often HDMI issues are solved with a new cable.

In I am not familiar with blue screen error messages on Sony Android TVs - so to me, this is suggesting a Sky box issue - but its a pure guess.  Need that error message :slight_smile:

Cheers

lxcalder
New

Thank you for your advice.

The HDMI cable from my Sky Q box to my TV is concealed in the wall. However I have bought another (High Speed) HDMI cable and tried connecting it directly between the two and that seems to have solved the problem so I have arranged to have the new cable concealed in the wall.