Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia KDL-55W755C not responding

Bravia KDL-55W755C not responding

Hi,

I have a problem with my KDL-55W755c

If it is left for a period, say 6 hours the LED will shine but the TV is not on. I can turn the TV on with the remote but then it doesn't respond to the remote, the LED doesn't change and I have to turn the power off to the TV after theis it works fine. I can't power it down with the remote or the power button at the back of the TV, it has to be completely switched off at the socket.

I have tried a reset and hard reset of all settings and still seems to do it. I did install a couple of apps before this all started happening. It doesn't always do this. I have uninstalled the apps and also purged the cache.

Any suggestions?

25 REPLIES 25
profile.country.DK.title
refrejn

One workaround is to use the Sideview app to turn off the TV. It responds to that and when it's properly shut down then the real remote works again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@refrejn thanks :wink:

Thanks for the tip. I removed the app as it kept telling me I ought to be watching Jeremy Kyle!

profile.country.DK.title
refrejn

You can fortunately disable those notifications 🙂
bobruce70
Explorer

I had exactly the same issue with my 50 inch model. I have completed a factory reset and not reinstalled any apps. So far no problems. It's likely to be time consuming trying to identify which app(s) so I probably won't bother - which slightly defeats the point of investing in a smart TV!

pl.penev75
Explorer

I had the same problem.When turned off the function switch the TV on mobile problem disappeared.
function is deactivated when the initial setting of the TV.

profile.country.GB.title
Robert_W
Explorer

I'm having the exact same problem with my sony KD-43X8305C The led light is on but the TV is off. I can turn on the TV but after that it doesn't respond to any button commands.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Robert_W

Does the TV not respond at all to the remote control? Try turning the TV completely off from the wall for a couple of minutes

If that still doesnt work, do you have a smartphone or tablet?  If so, install the app 'TV and Video SideView' and use the remote control of that app to navigate your way to factory resetting your TV.  See instructions HERE.

Cheers

profile.country.DK.title
refrejn

The issue got worse on our television (it happened at least once a day) so I did a factory reset AND switched from WIFI to Ethernet. We haven't seen the problem since.

It's hard to tell what solved it.

profile.country.GB.title
Robert_W
Explorer

No the remote control doesn't respond at all. I'll give the app I try. This should have been fixed by now.