Join now - be part of our community!

Can I mirror my iphone to a sony bravia tv without using an Apple TV?

profile.country.GB.title
lennonleow
New

Can I mirror my iphone to a sony bravia tv without using an Apple TV?

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

@lennonleow

Hi lennonleow,

See here

Hopefully this will help - only media such as photo's and video's will be mirrored

Regards

If it ain't broke don't fix it
profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

I think your best option is to install an AirPlay server in the TV. I tried various ones (to use from my Mac) and AirPlay/DLNA Receiver (LITE) seems to do a decent job. It's one year old, so if you like it/it works fine for your needs you may upgrade to the Pro version which gets constantly updated.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I'm using this one https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ionitech.airscreen and it works very well in media streaming and even mirroing using iphone (6SE and 6) and iMac.

For some reason on my tv it doesn't even show any advertising in the free version :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

@rooobb That's another neat app, actually. I prefer that interface. I tried it from my Mac. Both apps allow for screen mirroring (with ugly resolution/picture) and playing music. But that's how far they go. I can't even manage to Air Play an mp4 video from Quick Time. YouTube works, though.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I really like the interface of airscreen. Yes it downsize the screen resolution during the mirroring but it is declared (I don't know if the payed licence mantain the FullHD resolution of my non retina iMac or it is a technical limitation).

I'm able to stream via quicktime, youtube is able to work even without airplay cause of casting functionality embedded in it. In any case you can do everything via mirroring even if not at full resolution (1278 if i remember well is the maximum) and the rendering is quite fast. Via iPhone it works really well, even if in the specification there is a limit of streaming you can do per day with the free version I was able to stream much more than 10 music/video