Join now - be part of our community!

Can't pair WH-XB700 Headphones to KD-55XF8096 TV

profile.country.GB.title
Eskimosony

Can't pair WH-XB700 Headphones to KD-55XF8096 TV

I've just got a new set of Sony headphones with the idea of pairing them via blue tooth to my Sony TV. 

I switch on Bluetooth on my TV and on the Headphones and my TV cannot see them.

The headphones connected easily to my Phone via the Sony Headphone app...

What do I need to do guys...

Please don't tell me the yare incompatible!!

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
Eskimosony

And if they are not Compatible with my TV (Which I'm pretty sure they are not...I thought Bluetooth was just Bluetooth and the TV and Headphones are the same manufacturer and the same manufacturing timescale)

Can someone please tell me a pair of Sony Headphones that ARE compatible with my Sony TV...

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

The XF80's Bluetooth is not suitable for connecting any audio devices, there is a workaround that provides installation Side load of the "Bluetooth Pair" App, after having found the installation package of the App (APK) and having downloaded it via Computer (then transferred to TV via USB memory).

On the TV you can install the application after giving permission to install from "Unknown Sources", there is a MENU item in Android TV.

For the installation you need a File Manager that you can download and install from the Play Store.

Probably now you can pair a Bluetooth audio device.

profile.country.GB.title
Eskimosony

Great where can I find the Bluetooth pair app?

I mean is it a Sony app, and Android app or a Windows app?

I know how to do all the sideload stuff just not where to find the app...

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

You have to search the .apk (Installation packaging o Apps) of Bluetooth pair on the Web...

profile.country.GB.title
Eskimosony

Ok thanks, I've don't that and got 2x Android apps extracted and on a usb stick...

I thought I knew how to sideload...

I put my USB stick in but how do I get to see what's on it and load the app?!?!

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Install from the TV's Play Store a File Manager and go to USB Memory , then Install the App...

profile.country.GB.title
Eskimosony

Hi Marino,

So I've done all that installed a Bluetooth pair app, paired the speakers!!!

But I can't see the Bluetooth Pair App in my list of apps I had to launch it from installation.

I tried installing the Sony headphones app and that just didn't work.

So I've done it sort of but for a £800 TV and a £150 pair of headphones it feels like a real botch job....also the volume has to be way up high for a decent level...

Any better solution would be welcome i.e. a Bluetooth Pairing app that's accessable through the TV apps would be nice if anyone know of any that show in the TV

profile.country.GB.title
Eskimosony

Oh and I can't do anything with the sound, like surround...in fact it almost seems mono

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

To start the App you need one like SideLoad, run this and find the others.

For "mono" audio, your TV is not among those that have Bluetooth Audio so there may be problems with "Audio Formats", and it also depends on compatibility with the Soundbar.