Join now - be part of our community!

Dolby Atmos on XG9505

profile.country.GB.title
lazareth1
Explorer

Dolby Atmos on XG9505

After buying this TV I realised that atmos support is only coming in a future update as per the specs on the Sony website which BTW was really sneakily done.

Anyway I've been trying to get atmos working with my new soundbar and the plex app but no luck. I've already updated to the latest version for the Tv 

When is this TV going to get atmos support? I see this was promised since December last year!? 

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

It was released two version ago...https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/lcd-tvs-android-xg95xx_x95xxg-series/kd-55xg9505/download...

I guess you may have a problem with the plex app.

profile.country.GB.title
lazareth1
Explorer

Ok so I have firmware 636321 so that's fine but it doesn't work with any Amazon Prime ATMOS releases either. 

Also, the PLex player logs state that the TRUEHD audio is not supported on the device. 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I guess you should enquire to the app developers. BTW which soundbar do you have?

profile.country.GB.title
lazareth1
Explorer

I have the JBL 9.1 connected to earc with a 48Gbps HDMI cable. After some more testing I can get ATMOS to work when playing a file via USB. 

I have also been on the PLEX forums and they confirm that the software is unable to passthrough the HD Audio due to restrictions on the TV itself. Apparently no TV manufacturers allow this.

profile.country.GB.title
Sonyvores
Contributor

that's totaly bull*****.... Issue is with the app...

Your TV is a 95G so it does supprt Dolby Atmos and has eARC so it can pass through and bitstream to your Receiver/SoundBar the highest soundtrack up to Atmos (Dolby True HD) so there is no limitation at all. It's a known issue with app developpers that can't/dont care to fix it.