Join now - be part of our community!

External HDD storage for Sony Bravia

SOLVED
D3adly
Explorer

External HDD storage for Sony Bravia

Hi guys I wonder if anyone can help me out.

I purchased the Seagate External HDD to connect to my Sony Bravia KD55XD8005. When I connect it shows 1.8TB I then format it to make it my primary drive for apps and games. The problem is when it finishes formatting it only shows 252GB. I have connected it to my laptop and it shows the rest is unallocated.

Is there a way I can increase the storage to show the full capacity?

Disk Management

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I am going to take a stab here and say that 256GB is the maximum size allowed for 'expandable storage'.  Most people would use a USB flash drive - hence the reason why its locked to that.  Do you actually need all that storage for apps and games???  If not, save the HDD for media storage (videos, music, photos etc) and just use a flash drive instead.

Cheers

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I am going to take a stab here and say that 256GB is the maximum size allowed for 'expandable storage'.  Most people would use a USB flash drive - hence the reason why its locked to that.  Do you actually need all that storage for apps and games???  If not, save the HDD for media storage (videos, music, photos etc) and just use a flash drive instead.

Cheers