Join now - be part of our community!

HELP - KD65XG505 HDR & 4k - PS4Pro & NowTV 4k

profile.country.GB.title
SMJonah
Explorer

HELP - KD65XG505 HDR & 4k - PS4Pro & NowTV 4k

Hi all

Let me start by stating that I am not very technically minded, so please bear with me. 

I'm having problems when trying to set HDR10 through a PS4Pro and viewing 4k through a Nowtv 4k box via my KD65XG505.

The picture through both devices appear very dark, and the colours are  very deep and bold (especially red). This occurs when I select HDR10 as HDR mode. Both of these devices are HDR10 supported. When everything is defaulted back to automatic, I am receiving a picture that is clearer and watchable, but it isn't HDR10. 

I've ensured that enhanced HDMI have been turned on for both HDMI ports.

Tried various HDMI cables.

Played around with various settings found through various forums.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance. 

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

Have you tried to select a different colour profile in the advanced picture settings.

I had the same with my PS4 and the cause was a wrong colour profile that had been set by the TV.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Bear in mind that you cannot force the tv in HDR if the device is not sending an HDR material. You should leave the tv in HDR auto mode and let it choose when the source is actually sending an HDR signal and behave accordingly.

profile.country.GB.title
SMJonah
Explorer

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my query. 

Yes, I've tried changing colour profiles, but I haven't found anything that works. I've managed to tone down the colour issue, but even with the brightness at max, it's still too dark.

profile.country.GB.title
SMJonah
Explorer

Thank you so much rooobb for your response. This makes perfect sense. Maybe I shouldn't try to force the issue, but instead let it just happen. 

Thanks again.