Join now - be part of our community!

IR Blaster controlling Sky+HD box

SOLVED
chrgray

IR Blaster controlling Sky+HD box

KD-65X8509C bought within the last week

I have the TV's IR Blaster setup to control a BSkyB Sky+HD box, and most controls work great.  However, the UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT navigation buttons work, but always sends 3 occurrences of UP, DOWN, LEFT, or RIGHT instead of just one occurrence.

So, for example, when navigating the Sky+HD box list of recordings, pressing down skips down 3 recordings, making it impossible to select the recordings in-between.

Is there some way to update the IR blaster database to correctly only send 1 occurrence of LEFT, RIGHT, UP, or DOWN when that button is pressed?  Or is there any other solution to this problem, that will make the UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT buttons behave correctly?

65 REPLIES 65
profile.country.EE.title
Raged_Up
New

Hi I've set-up my IR Blaster with my Sky Box everything works well accept in the guide menu, the direction keys skip 3 boxes at a time. I done a factory reset as suggested. But it didn't work, any other ideas?

Tags (2)
profile.country.GB.title
nick.connor

To the best of my memory the problem was fixed with a software update to the TV but I cannot recall the version but as a former software person I would strongly recommend that you keep your TV at the latest software level.

Hope this helps.

Nick

Sent from my iPad
profile.country.EE.title
Raged_Up
New

Hey Nick,

Thanks for this, my software is up to date. When I spoke to Sony directly
about it, they suggested it's a hardware issue and nothing can be done
about it at this stage.
Quite disappointing.
profile.country.GB.title
nick.connor

Sony support told me the same but once the TV software upgrade was in place the problem was fixed. Do check the software level on your TV there have 4 or 5 updates since the problem was fixed.

I hope you get the issue resolved.

Nick

profile.country.GB.title
padlad
Explorer

I recently got the KD-55XE9005 and have the exact same issue as OP, software is up to date. The only way to get scrolling to work is when pressing the button to scroll, keep your finger on the button for a second rather than 'click' it, that way it will move one choice at a time rather than three. Not ideal, but it seems to work.

profile.country.GB.title
mk_chappo

I have a question for those who have managed to get the IR blaster working with their Sky HD box.

Does the IR blaster issue power on/off commands to the Sky HD box? Or is this handled by HDMI CEC?

Also has anyone managed to get the IR blaster working with the Sky Q system?

profile.country.GB.title
nick.connor

I have SKY Q working Sony IR blaster – when I switch on the Sky box with the Sky remote the TV turns on a couple of seconds later. I have not managed to get the Sky Q box to turn off the TV. I hardly ever need to use the TV remote control.

How I did it – I cannot remember the details l but I needed to wait for a software update to the TV which is a ‘55X9005C’.

Hope this helps?

Happy New Year

Nick

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
profile.country.GB.title
mk_chappo

Can you control the Sky Q box from the Sony Remote? (Using the IR blaster?)

If so, what manufacturer / STB model number are you using? I have tried all the "BSkyB" STB codes and none of them seem to work.

profile.country.GB.title
nick.connor

No I cannot control the Sky Q from the TV remote, YouView takes over the TV when I try to use the TV remote to control the Sky box.

As Sky have the channels that I typically watch I do not use the TV remote very often apart to watch and control Amazon Prime and Netflix.

Nick

Sent from my iPad
profile.country.GB.title
mk_chappo

Did anyone find a way of accessing the Sky Planner / Recorded programs (i.e. like pressing the "Sky" key) directly from the Sony remote? I know you can mimic it from the "Action Menu" but this is quite frustrating.

Anyone?