Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49X8305C Sound connectors

Tomas_90

KD-49X8305C Sound connectors

I've got a 5.1 Logitech sound system for my computer and i'm wondering if the TV supports this?

On the back of the TV there are the usual left - right sockets etc, and my sound system has 1 green (front), 1 orange (center surround) & 1 black (sub) connector. Where do i put them? Or is it not possible to make it work? Is there an adapter of some sort?

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_J

Maybe a way to go is to convert from the Optical output to analog. An Ebay search "optical to 7.1 converter" turns up a few ideas. This being one RCA Digital Optical Audio To 5.1 2.1 Channel Stereo Analog DTS Converter AC3 TV

Mick.

Johnipsuk
Explorer

Grab yourself one of these..

Digital Dolby DTS AC3 source Optical to Analog 5.1 Stereo Surround Audio Decoder

Ebay 23.64

Hope it helps..

Tomas_90

I managed to get an ugly solution last Sunday, from the 3 analog connectors to a left-right only converter and then to the headphone jack in the TV! It did work but sound quality isn't the best ever...

Tomas_90

I found this thing on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Optical-SPDIF-Coaxial-Dolby-AC3-DTS-Digital-to-5-1-Analog-Audio-Decoder-Bo...

This model has the right connectors. I'll try ordering one in a few weeks.

What kind of connection is feeding the TV from this tho? I'm a little unsure.

profile.country.GB.title
Mick_J

The

@Tomas_90 wrote:

I found this thing on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Optical-SPDIF-Coaxial-Dolby-AC3-DTS-Digital-to-5-1-Analog-Audio-Decoder-Bo...

This model has the right connectors. I'll try ordering one in a few weeks.

What kind of connection is feeding the TV from this tho? I'm a little unsure.

The audio decoder takes its input from the optical output of the TV and plugs into the connector labelled SPDIF on the decoder.

Watch for where the item is shipped from, the one you list is from the far east, being over about £15 there will be customs duties plus the post office processing charge of £8. The link I provided is for a UK source.

Tomas_90

Yes but the one you posted has the wrong connetors. The speakers i have have three 3.5mm headphone jacks, not the bigger RCA connectors.

This is how i have it now. And from this adapter to the headphone jack in the TV:

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n62/Rx_37/DSC_0311_zpsdvfrumqi.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
Mick_J

Okay, my point really was to mention the potential costs of buying on ebay from an outside EU source.Being able to use existing cabling helps. :slight_smile:

Tomas_90

My dad buys a lof of stuff via Ebay and i think he was talking about something they do like first when they order it from China it goes via The Netherlands and then home to me, making it a "European sale" anyway somehow. I'm not really sure how it worked now.

Anyway i'm aware of the costs. It'll be something like 40-50 € all in all which isn't the end of the world expensive.