Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49XD7005 not holding lan internet connection

profile.country.GB.title
ukbob1970
Explorer

KD-49XD7005 not holding lan internet connection

Hi, I have my bravia KD49XD7005 connected to my BT home hub 6 via a lan cable but every day the connection fails, the TV says its connected via wired lan in the settings, it has an ip address in the network settings but says its not connected.

I have tried static ip but this still fails after a day the connection is there just no traffic or throughput.

WiFi is ok but I dont want to use this as it's no good for 4k netflix.

I haven't got parental filters or bt access switched on on my hub.

If I reset my router I have internet to my tv for a day or so then it goes again and I dont want to have to reset my hub everytime I want to use the smart features of my supposedly smart tv.

Any help would be appreciated.

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

A couple of things to try:

1. Try another ethernet cable - just to rule out a faulty cable
  2. Try using another LAN port on the BT router.
  3. Separate the ethernet cable away from other cables as much as possible (ie HDMI, power etc).
  4. On the TV, try using Googles DNS Servers (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) - need to set static IP
  5. Search the BT Forums in case others have the same or similar problem with their new BT HH6

Cheers

EDIT: A very quick search and I found this:  https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/smart-hub-home-hub-6-lan-issue/td-p/1641336...

profile.country.GB.title
Inprimus
Explorer

I also have this problem. It was connected to my Wi-Fi for about 2 months, then 2 days ago no more internet access. I see that it connects to the Wi-Fi but it just won't connect to the internet. I tried everything including the DNS trick.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Inprimus

I am assuming that your model TV is KD-49XD7005.  Your problem is slightly different to that of the original poster - whereas you are using a Wifi connection, but the OP was using a LAN connection. 

Two things firstly:

• Ensure that your TV has the latest firmware installed
  • Factory reset the TV - this can clear and fix many issues.

If that fails:

• Can you test using an ethernet (Lan) cable and disable wifi on the TV completely.  This is to test whether its a wifi issue or something else.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Inprimus
Explorer

I tried testing with the ethernet cable also and that didn't work. Instead I resorted to fsctory resetting the software.

Interesting to note that this happened a day after I had upgraded (Might have been the android or the sony can't remember) the software.

Zapotoczny
Explorer

Hi. 

I also have this problem. 

Any ideas? 

profile.country.GB.title
Inprimus
Explorer

I had to reset the TV to factory settings to get internet functionality back. I'm staying away from any software/firmware updates for a while until I see something that resolves this issue.

Gamma239
New

Hi, I am having the same problem. I tried changing the Ethernet cable. Resetting the TV, resetting the router. When resetting both of these, the internet works, but like previously mentioned, the connection drops after a day or so.

I have a BT router and have NOT had any problems at all with other devices connected to it.

Maybe we need a new update? There are other issues with this TV!

Please help!

profile.country.GB.title
Inprimus
Explorer

No. The router has no effect on your TV beyond providing the means by which to make a ntwork connection. 

You just need to reset the TV back to factory settings and avoid updating.

Though I will say this, the TV OS was accidentally updated by a guest in december and 

wasn't bricked so it could be that you can re-update after you reset it.

profile.country.GB.title
Basti1313
Explorer

I have same problem after update to latest firmware , how i can dowgrade firmware ???