Join now - be part of our community!

KD-65XD7505

profile.country.GB.title
pmoverley
Explorer

KD-65XD7505

I'm not very impressed with this TV.  I cannot set it so blacks are as black as my previous circa 2010 Sony TV (I'm not looking for plasma or OLED blacks but this is worse than my old one), the Android TV is laggy/freezes and 4K material is jerky with resolution changing despite a very stable 100MBps connection from Virgin.

I'm also aware of what looks like light markings in the background of the TV during horizontal pans with plain backgrounds (almost like a watermark).

I keep being asked by Netflix and Amazon to reset my TV but this removes all my picture settings and preferences.  I don't want to do a factory reset but will holding down the green power button remove all my preferences also?

Sorry this is a bit of a litany but any suggestions warmly received!

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

@Kuschelmonschter Eh.. I can hardly disagree! And I don't know if I can blame Google for once, because my Xperia X Compact with Android 7.0 goes on for days, weeks even, without any issue. I mean.. I do not even get apps force closing!!

The idea that one has to delete all data to fix an issue, as we are too often forced to do, is simply outrageous. Just imagine if anytime we have an issue with Windows or macOS the support tells us: ok, now format your main disk (because there is no straight way to reset to "factory settings"...), reinstall the OS and then install and configure all your apps again. Manually, because you are not worth enough for us to make a backup of your own data. I mean.. seriously? 😳

Hmm... no. On second thought I still blame Google.