Join now - be part of our community!

KD65XD9305 - TV won't turn on

garylythgoe
Explorer

KD65XD9305 - TV won't turn on

Hi,

Had my KD65XD9305 since June, and it's been brilliant.

Tonight I tried turning it on with the remote and it won't respond. Tried with the buttons on the TV and it won't respond. Checking the power block with a multi meter shows its got power coming out of it. Checked all the cables, swapped power sockets and nothing is working. 

What can I do? I feel so disappointed. 

30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

As a suggestion, try downloading the 'TV and Video SideView' app on a smartphone or tablet and see if you can turn the TV on that way.  If you can, use the apps remote control and factory reset the TV.

If it cant be switched on by any method, then it would suggest 'The Eye of Sauron' is sucking the power out of it :slight_smile:  You will need to contact the retailer on envoke a warranty repair.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
thewerbs
Explorer

My first similar model purchased from John Lewis in April 2016 would not switch on after 5 weeks of ownership.  The power block was changed under warrany but failed to fix the problem so I rejected the TV, received a full refund, and immediately purchased another from a local retailer.  The second TV worked faultlessly for 13 weeks before failing to switch on this evening.  I will be interested to see how this repair works out.

I bought this TV in June 2016 and today Jan 7th 2017  it would not start.

Had the power supply checked by the supplier .....SEVENOAKS Sound and Vision ... Yeovil Somerset   .... power connections working.

All they did then was refer me to Sony and gave me the Tel No.  Rang Sony they are only open Mon to Fri.

Not the end of the world but I would suggest IF you want to buy a large Sony TV that you choose a very close and helpful supplier.  Hopefully Monday I will get some help.

Expensive bit of kit and now it seems it is unreliable; thought Sony had improved not so it seems.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

Before going to Spain for three weeks over Xmas, I turned our KD-43X8309C TV off with the power button on the back of the set.

On returning, I pressed the power button, expecting the light under the screen to come on and the set to go into standby at least, if not indeed powering all the way up, but nothing happened.

After quite a bit of fiddling about with short presses on the button, long presses on the button, use of the two remotes, etc.,, I pulled the power plug for the set at the distribution socket on the floor, waited a minute or so, and plugged it back in.

The underscreen light came on, and the set could now be brought out of Standby with the standard remote, though the Touch one had lost its pairing, and needed to be re-paired before it would work the set again.

It's been fine since.

But it points up that even a powered-off set is still connected to the mains, and may have some live circuits that need power cycling to re-establish normal operation.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking

Hi I tried everything; spent hours plugging in / disconnecting / short and long pressure on remote and tv. No sign that the Tv has power. Not happy :((
profile.country.GB.title
thewerbs
Explorer

A new power adaptor didn't  get second failed TV I mentioned above to work so the TV was replaced by the retailer.  However the third TV failed in similar fashion some 10 weeks later and this time the retailer confirmed with Sony that there was a known fault and fix.  The TV was repaired in my home under warranty by the local Sony service agents who replaced the DPS board which sits at the centre of and is connected to, a number of other circuit boards.  The repair took about 30 minutes.  The relevant part number is A-2094-368-A and the description is Sony Dps_a_22_id Compl.  I was unable to establish if this part has been modified to head off future failures.

I will be talking to Sony tomorrow Mon 9th Jan 17 and will tell them of your experience. Hopefully they will get here and fix it quickly.

Will continue to post my experience here before moving on to Facebook etc.

Sony now tell me they will pick my TV up on Thursday.  That will be one week I have not had my TV; then I will have to waait for it to be fixed and returned.  Not happy.

TherockBC
New

Same problem with my Sony Android 4K today. It's been exactly 3 months since I bought it. It didn't turn on once before, turned out that it was updating, so it came on after several minutes. This time, totally nothing. Very disappointed with this luxury product. My next TV won't be a Sony.