Join now - be part of our community!

KD65XH9005 - DLNA

profile.country.GB.title
aitongho

KD65XH9005 - DLNA

Hi all,

New to the forum.

Was looking to purchase the KD65XH9005 this Christmas as it has everything I want bar one thing - DLNA. The websites I go on doesn't really spec whether the TV has this feature or not. John Lewis states it doesn't, but I'm not convinced that the latest Sony TV's doesn't have this basic feature. I need this to create a network connection to my Synology NAS drive.

Does anyone categorically know if this TV has DLNA or not? If it doesn't, does any clever bod here know how I could hook up my Synolgy NAS to my TV without DLNA?

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

The stock player DOES support DLNA as well as any other player you may want to choose from the play store (KODI, VLC, Nova, MX..)

profile.country.GB.title
aitongho

Thanks for this confirmation, just what I wanted.

I did expect the stock video app to have DLNA which is why I was surprised John Lewis advertised it as being absent.

That's made my mind up.

Thank you!

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Be aware that the stock player (as most TVs) does not support instead direct SMB file sharing, so your NAS should support DLNA too. Other players (like KODI and NOVA) instead support SMB as well

profile.country.GB.title
aitongho

Thanks for the heads up. Yeah, my Synology NAS supports DLNA, its already working via that method on my Samsung and an older Sony TV that I've got. Again, that is why I was surprised John Lewis said it didn't have it on this new TV.

Cheers for that rapid response.