Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-43W805C - Google Play Store Empty?

SOLVED
pantalej
Explorer

KDL-43W805C - Google Play Store Empty?

Hello all,

I have a problem with the Google Play Store. When I open the application its Home screen flickers with what is supposed to be shown, you know... apps and such, and then it goes empty - there is nothing shown. As seen here: device-2015-12-13-172513.png

Anyone have the same problem? Or better yet a solution?

57 REPLIES 57
profile.country.RO.title
alexw85

After second restart SERVER ERROR. PLEASE RETRY

casper501
Explorer

I did the new firmware update that just came out..Still have empty playstore whats going on here.

I have tired 2 routers just to see if my router was cause the fault but not that.

Has anyone found away to fix this yet

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Did you try to set the DNS to a public google one (8.8.8.8)?

alinux33
Explorer

I am wondering if doing a factory reset just after firmware upgrade will make a difference?

Its hard for me to accept that doing a factory reset the system can remain in a zombie state...

On the other hand someone said on another thread that he had some apps for cache/junk cleaning. It might worth trying with that too.

I know that Android TV it's something different than normal android, but I'm thinking if side loading a Clean master app and trying to delete Playstore cache or doing a general cleanup will fix anything?

Are you guys able to access internet from any apps, like youtube or opera?

profile.country.RO.title
alexw85

Did factory reset after every new update. Working perfect till the first power off or restart. It keeps asking for license agreement accept , I select ACCEPT , and blank.:(((((. Clear the cahce and disabling and reenabling polay store app returns in google server error for couple of hours than returns back to empty.

I'm sick of trying every day the same thing. Sick and tired

alinux33
Explorer

Very sorry to hear that.. s**ty sony android!! That means no more android tv's for me! I haven't got another tv after the w808c that I had for two weeks a while ago, but it's clear that I won't get it again will all these problems.

Anyways, I read the same Playstore storries on Philips android forum, its basically the same android tv junk.

profile.country.RO.title
alexw85

alinuxx I left you a PM. Sorry for the late reply but there is no alert when you recieve a priovate message. IT'S A VERY COMPLEX THING FOR SONY to implement this also. lol

alinux33
Explorer

Check it out the solution provided by one of the philips forum moderators to this problem:

http://goo.gl/ZmXvhA

Someone said it worked. Hopefully that waiting period after the fresh install will make a difference.

pantalej
Explorer

Same for me (as described by @alexw85). After upgrading to the new firmware the Play Store is fine... until the next restart of the TV. Then it asks again for the Licence Agreement and when I accept it, it goes back to nothing.

profile.country.GB.title
petersincock

I had similar after update, accepted the agreement but then couldnt find anything when using search in playstore. Did a reset, where you press the power button on remote for 5 seconds and then i could find everything........go figure lol