Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-43W805C power issues

huggies15
Explorer

KDL-43W805C power issues

I've had the TV since Christmas and its been pretty decent. We use freesat and the TV guide is awful, but that's not my biggest issue.

Recently (since the latest update) the TV needs turning off and on at the wall every day before it starts working. I can then turn it off and on using the remote fine, but the next day I have to turn off and on at the wall again before it starts working. I've tried different remotes (the one that came with the TV and a Logitech universal one) and that doesn't help.

I've also turned off all power saving in case it was going into hibernation or something, but nothing is working.

Please advise what I can do to fix the issue, its getting ridiculously annoying now.

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sonys TVs are Freeview (not Freesat) hence the EPG being basic.

Onto your pressing issue, have you tried a factory reset?  Instructions HERE

Cheers

huggies15
Explorer

Hi,

I've done a full factory reset, first time I left the TV off it turned on again. Last night to tonight however and the TV wouldn't turn on again.

It's totally annoying.

Any other ideas or I'm taking it back and asking for a refund (if possible) as its not fit for purpose.

On a separate note, what is the point in having a satellite tuner if you aren't going to offer a decent way to use it.

Steve

dave859
Explorer

I have the same problem on the same model, only got it yesterday from amazon warehouse. I'm not sure where i stand on getting it fixed by sony as all amazon are willing to do if a refund but as i got it cheap at £254 it maybe better to get it fixed, its probably the same set you sent back.