Join now - be part of our community!

[Master Thread] - 4K / 2160p Juddering Issues - Sky/BT

SOLVED
palmeri8145
Explorer

[Master Thread] - 4K / 2160p Juddering Issues - Sky/BT

Hi all - thanks for all the informative information I have found on this community site.

I have recently purchased the above tv and I am using it with a (UK) BT Ultra HD package. The output of the box is 2160p50 and I have set it to 10 bit colour.

Generally speaking I am very happy with the telly but I am experiencing a bug which sounds similar to the "Screen Format: Full" issue reported on another thread.

After a period of watching TV (normally longer extended periods of say 2 hours), the picture starts to judder and the "Screen Format: Full" message flicks on and off. The only way to recover this is to switch the telly off and on again which seems to allow the telly to "resync". This problem happens *every* day when watching TV at least once.

It is not a problem with the BT box as when I switch that on and off the picture problem does not clear.

I have tried different 4K related settings on the telly / BT box but the problem still occurs. Has anyone else noticed this with the TV ?

Thanks,

Ian

279 REPLIES 279
profile.country.GB.title
notspurs

understand. by the way, meant  2160!

JOEC1983
Explorer

That was happening to me. I did a factory reset then set the HDMI input to standard and it seemed to have stopped for a few days. I've just put HDMI back to enhanced so await to see if it has stopped permanently.

JOEC1983
Explorer

So to clarify. Despite the "update", I'm still getting sporadic episode of juddering on my KD55X8509CBU (but less than before the update) but am now getting interupted by brief blank screens (only when on enhanced mode), as though the input source has been changed! This is infuriating.

Taker316
Explorer

The update only seem to reduce the judder, not stop it. Sony claim it has stopped it for many customers, but I think that they just haven't seen it yet. Mine went a few days without a problem and has happened about 4 times this week. I too have had the black screen.

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@Taker316 wrote:

The update only seem to reduce the judder, not stop it. Sony claim it has stopped it for many customers, but I think that they just haven't seen it yet. Mine went a few days without a problem and has happened about 4 times this week. I too have had the black screen.

You are wrong, while it does not fix for everyone I have zero judder. Running in enhanced mode 2160p connected directly to my TV and also did a factory reset on TV. I am pretty certain people still having issues due to either not factory resetting both, dodgy leads and bad configurations. There of course are going to be some that are not fixed but the problem in here is everyone is complaining without detailing their setups. 

There should be a sticky asking people to post their configs and if they factory reset etc without all the whinging babble that serves no purposes and does not help fix the issues.

profile.country.GB.title
mafletc50

My setup is as follows:

Sony KD55XD8599 TV (v3509 firmware) set to Enhanced on both HDMI 1 (Sky) & 2 (HTPC)

Sky Q Silver (latest firmware)

Onkyo 656 (latest firmware)

I updated my TV after some serious and regular juddering, this has reduced when v3509 was installed. I did do the factory reset which wiped everything. I have changed from Enhanced to standard but I am suffering from the black screen for a second then the resolution showing about 3 times an hour. Which is very frustrating. I wish Sony would provide some feedback to say they are working on this issue.

I will contact Richer Sounds this weekend to see what thoughts they have on the matter. I spend £1200 on my telly and dont feel i am getting value for money at the moment. I may return it for another brand. If this isnt resolved shortly.

frankie1g

I think this is correct for some not many. 
shozzer1
Explorer

So how do we check the firmware on the sky silver box is up to date? How do we update that? Ive done the tv but unsure how to reset sky box.

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@shozzer1 wrote:

So how do we check the firmware on the sky silver box is up to date? How do we update that? Ive done the tv but unsure how to reset sky box.

To check firmware on Sky Q box

1. Go to Settings and go into System Info.
  2. Swipe across and down to Software Version, then across to Setup.
  3. Click on that and you'll be presented with the option to download the latest software.
  4. The new software is Q003.001.11.00L(4lvly3g)

To reset to factory defaults

1. DISCLAIMER WARNING - You will lose all recordings and planned recordings. Most recent will be available on catchup or on demand to redownload.
  2. Go to settings then type 001 select
  3. Choose factory reset.
Taker316
Explorer

@Risc0n wrote:

You are wrong, while it does not fix for everyone I have zero judder. Running in enhanced mode 2160p connected directly to my TV and also did a factory reset on TV. I am pretty certain people still having issues due to either not factory resetting both, dodgy leads and bad configurations. There of course are going to be some that are not fixed but the problem in here is everyone is complaining without detailing their setups. 

There should be a sticky asking people to post their configs and if they factory reset etc without all the whinging babble that serves no purposes and does not help fix the issues.

Well, I've just had it again. Last time was Sunday. KD-65XD9305 directly connected to SKY Q Silver box. Ibra Pro Red high speed HDMI cable. I also did a factory reset after the update. I swapped the HDMI cable this morning for a brand new one just to rule out what you said. Settings are on enhanced, Sky is on 2160p 10 bit.