Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix launches but does not load past 24%

profile.country.GB.title
Smugman
New

Netflix launches but does not load past 24%

Hi there, first post on here but I find myself frustrated by my KDL-43W755C Android TV. (version 7, software up to date)

Other issues have been resolved and pars replaced since I bought the TV back in 2016 but the other day my Netflix stopped loading and I cannot seem to find any solution to resolve the issue.

Pressing the Netflix button takes me into the App, I select the account, the screen fills with the usual recommendations and recently watched etc but if I select something to watch, it loads to approx 24% and goes no further. It also doesn't play the preview screen on Netflix even though you never want to watch their recommendations.

Things I've tried:

Router reset (SKY)

TV factory reset

App force stop

App disable/enable

power down (remote button for 6 seconds and mains)

Netflix plays on mobile devices, laptop and through a Firestick I've had for a while but I'd really like to get the TV button working again so any help would be appreciated.

Paul

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
DarranA

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the community. Can I ask if you have tried deleting the Netflix App and reinstalling it. Details of how to do this can be found here

If you are unable to delete the app from your TV you could also try the procedure mentioned in this post.

See how you get on with these and then let us know.

Regards,

Darran

profile.country.GB.title
Smugman
New

Thanks, I went into the google play store to delete and turns out the app needed an update and I hadn’t been logged into my google account.

one app updated and the problem is resolved 👍🏻
many thanks