Join now - be part of our community!

Pics on sd card

profile.country.GB.title
Loofah

Pics on sd card

I have a 43xd8305 and trying to simply view a few pics off an sd card that I have connected via a card reader plugged into usb1 port. The problem is there appears no way to access the card or view any images. Is this another example of Sony restrictions? 

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Technically Sony only guarantee a few USB HDD's:

http://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/133297

Best either:

• Cast/Screen Mirror from a mobile device
  • Copy them to a USB drive
  • Stream via DLNA

Cheers

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

@Loofah

it's not a restriction. Card reader as such is not a storage, it's an interface to connect storage which is not USB compatible. It needs drivers or kernel modules or whatever. While there are some USB devices that work although they are not listed in manual, not everything with USB plug will work.

profile.country.GB.title
Loofah

Sounds pretty restrictive to me! My 10 year old TV could read the sd card no problem and I'm finding the more simple things I'd like the TV to be able to accomplish just aren't implemented on the Sony platform. 

Surely the sd card is seen as USB storage via the reader? 

Anyway, upshot is that Sony unlike so many other makes, don't give their TV's the same functionality as the average consumer might want. 

No more Sony items for me which is such a shame as the picture is superb

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

@Loofah

Most likely your 10 years old TV did have SD card slot. For sure if it was panasonic. But again, SD card is not USB storage, you need a reader for that. And expecting a TV to work with any random reder you plug in is just to optimistic. Maybe some would work just like some mics do but USB ports on TVs are mainly for external disks.

profile.country.GB.title
Loofah

It was a Sharp and had no problem handling the sd card through a reader, similar an LG TV I had. I just think that as a principle entertainment bit of kit, it should be able to simply disply images but there you go.