Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with KDL50w756C!!

SOLVED
TehStiggles
Explorer

Problem with KDL50w756C!!

Hi all,

Bit of a long post here, but i wonder if anyone can help me here as Sony's apparent 'support line' have been utterly useless. 

I bought said TV back in October and it had a real bad amount of backlight bleed and a big white spot above the Sony logo. I phoned to tell them but they said it would gradually go as the panel ages. However, come the beginning of this month, it hadnt so i called, sent a picture, it was escalate to level 2 support and they said it was unacceptable and the TV was replaced after a bit of a carry on.

However! The replacement telly is twice as bad!! There is horrific backlight bleed in all 4 corners, and 2 great big spots of white above the Sony logo and to add to it, the TV randomly turns itself off! So i rang back last wednesday about an hour after the telly was replaced with regards to this one being replaced again, it was escalated once again, but this time they came back and said the backlight bleed and spots are within spec! In regards to the switching off, they asked me what i had done to try and rectify it. I said i had turned off ECO mode and factory reset. They said they would escalate the issue again. they replied this morning with....."turn ECO mode off".....Uttely useless. 

Now inbetween this time, i have been in touch daily to see whats happening and to be honest, Sony's whole way of operating is completely backward. Everytime i phone they always have to escalate the issue to another department by email resulting in me waiting days on end for a reply to tell me to do something i have already told them i did! So what use are they? Do they not have a phone system?

I did manage to get a call back from a manager who was NOT interested and was extremely rude and hung up on me after 45 seconds.

I'm now beginning to lose my temper and will be taking this further if the matter is not resolved within the next week. 

I have attached a picture of the new telly. No way this is within spec, and interestingly, everytime i ask one of the agents whether they would accept this TV, they never ever reply!!

13010201_1171141002936795_1429029692_o.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have escalated your problem to Sony as I agree, from the pic you attached, it is rather bad.  Someone should be in touch with you in the next couple of days.

Cheers

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Just to let you know, Sony has replied back to state that they will be contacting you via email - if not already done so.

Cheers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have escalated your problem to Sony as I agree, from the pic you attached, it is rather bad.  Someone should be in touch with you in the next couple of days.

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Just to let you know, Sony has replied back to state that they will be contacting you via email - if not already done so.

Cheers

TehStiggles
Explorer

Hi there,

I got a call and the situation has now been sorted to my satisfaction.

Many thanks,

John.