Join now - be part of our community!

Satellite channels disappear - android TV

profile.country.GB.title
JazzDeben
Explorer

Satellite channels disappear - android TV

I am tuning my Android tv satellite channels on a manual setup:

11591Hz 5 Degree W. This picks up the channels I want (French national channels: France 2, France 3, France 5, France O, LCP).

This works as expected. After a few days, all the tunning disappear, and the only way to get the channels back is to redo the tunning which takes a long time to do (setup 1,2,3 steps....

The TV is a KDL 43W809C receiving from the UK.

Does anyone know why, and if there is a resolution?

Many thanks

17 REPLIES 17
profile.country.UA.title
svansvan
Contributor

Yes. In this site(4pda.ru) needed registration. 404 display if you not registered. I you want, you may register, download and reupload file in any plases, hosts, sites etc and public new url. sorry for my english (i from ukranian comunity)

and yes, if you translate posts from russian to english: you can resolve problem if in TV import-export disabled, and another information (try in different usb ports and try reboot tv).

also in next version: change channel number, disable autonumeration etc...

---------------------------------------------------------------
KD-55x9305c + SPS4 1208b
profile.country.GB.title
JazzDeben
Explorer

So, the behaviour mentioned here is due to a MASSIVE BUG in YouView that no one is bothered fixing.

YouView wipes out Satellite settings when it exits.

Now, the question remains WHY OH WHY ?!!!

YouView on a Sony TV does not have BT channels, and satellite channels are being wiped out because of it!!!

Sony and YouView are disapointingly not addressing this issue. So, if someone can pick this up and get YouView working it would be great. Alternatively, the solution is to re-start the TV settings and not install YouView which is what I have done.

Soooo DISAPOINTED

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Yes there is a problem if Satellite Tuner is used in combination with DVB-T or as you say with YouView.

Channels re-arrange themselves automatically and re-appear themselves automatically if deleted. Also Favourites cannot be used because suddenly they get mixed (DVB-T and DVB-S) during browsing with PROG+/-.

Channels do not disappear but just go to another number in list and its very difficult to find if there is a huge number(1000 or more).

The best thing you can do is to do a manual search only for TP's that you are interested to.

I have informed Sony in my country that problem is not solved again with latest firmware and they answered that they forwarded to headuarters.

We wait and hope to be fixed.

yoyanozovi
Explorer

Hello svansvan,

can you make your tool SDBEditor directly downloadable for example on https://yadi.sk like your tool SonyTVRemote? I'm from germany and not able to register on the website http://4pda.ru. Sorry wrong font, wrong language and google translate hasn't also helped much :smileyconfused:.

Thank you very much

yoyanozovi

profile.country.DK.title
riisboell
Explorer

Is there a way that this tool, the SonyEditor or the channel list editor on the TV can show the new satellite channels after I have run a channel update on the TV?

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

No this doesn't show new channnel.

SetEditSony does but it's limited if not purchased and I think there is no way to connect to our TV's for using as tool controlled by PC an import - export to TV.

Just editing, deleting, arranging channels and TP's after downloading to a USB flash.

You can ask them if there is a way to connect to TV by using their tool and a PC:

http://www.setedit.de/SetEdit.php?spr=2&Editor=140

profile.country.GB.title
JazzDeben
Explorer

I see what you are saying now, but the behaviour for me is that the entire tunning disappears. It is not even possible to re-tune the channels any more. There is no way to get both YouView and satellite tunning on this TV. It is explained on some Sony web pages, it is a known issue, but, I don't know if Sony is going to do anything about it...

It is most disappointing. (the explanation below is not satisfactory)

https://support.youview.com/articles/Self_Service_FAQ/Why-are-Satellite-services-not-available-in-Yo...

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Yes the explanation is a little bit senseless.

It says:

• "Sony TV is in the range support reception of satellite delivered channels, however this functionality is separate from the YouView on Sony experience.
  • Users who wish to access satellite as a separate function would have to disable YouView mode to allow this functionality"

This can't be separate but depended !!!! :laughing:

I can't help you on this because YouView is not available in my country.

I can see YouView running as a background App :thinking: but nowhere can be executed as program.

But same thing happens also to me. If I do the MISTAKE to reboot TV from within Digital then everything stored in Satellite gets messed up. First error on General Satellite "No signal. Please check your antenna connection", then it works OK if go back to Digital and then select again General Satellite. But channels are lost to somewhere or deleted ones come back from nowhere.

Reboot again TV with General Satellite, restores channells positions, but previously DELETED remain visible at the end of channel list.

I have informed Sony twice, they say they will fix, but nothing done for almost 5 months.

Keep wating.....