Join now - be part of our community!

SkyQ UHD 3D Sony bravia KD-55X8507C not detecting

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
guitarman60

SkyQ UHD 3D Sony bravia KD-55X8507C not detecting

So we have the Sony kd-55X8507C and SkyQ uhd. 

With tthe Sky box outputting 2160p in10bit; we cannot watch a 3D movie as the Sony doesn't recognise the side by side signal. We simply see the side by side dual frames. 

If we set the skyq box to output 1080p then we can watch 3D without issue. Switching modes is a pain in the bum. 

Reading the sky forums, it seems many uhd TVs handle this seemlessly. 

Does anyone else else get this issue? Is there some setting we are missing on the Bravia ?  

Jeffrey Cooper
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have no idea on how other TVs work, as well as the fact that I dont have Sky either.  But if the Sky box is outputting 2160p (of which 3D is not supported), but changing the Sky box to output at 1080p works - then surely this is up to Sky to implement some type of Auto Resolution switching mode?

Just my thought thats all.

Yes, this has been discussed on these forums before - the only work-around is what you have discovered, changing the resolutions.

Cheers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have no idea on how other TVs work, as well as the fact that I dont have Sky either.  But if the Sky box is outputting 2160p (of which 3D is not supported), but changing the Sky box to output at 1080p works - then surely this is up to Sky to implement some type of Auto Resolution switching mode?

Just my thought thats all.

Yes, this has been discussed on these forums before - the only work-around is what you have discovered, changing the resolutions.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@guitarman60 wrote:

So we have the Sony kd-55X8507C and SkyQ uhd. 

With tthe Sky box outputting 2160p in10bit; we cannot watch a 3D movie as the Sony doesn't recognise the side by side signal. We simply see the side by side dual frames. 

If we set the skyq box to output 1080p then we can watch 3D without issue. Switching modes is a pain in the bum. 

Reading the sky forums, it seems many uhd TVs handle this seemlessly. 

Does anyone else else get this issue? Is there some setting we are missing on the Bravia ?  

Sky need to implenent auto resolution like SkyHD. I have asked them many times, but it does not seem they can be bothered. It would also result in better PQ as our TV have a far superior scaler to SkyQ.

profile.country.GB.title
guitarman60

For what it's worth, I've posted this on the Sky forums too. Maybe a firmware update will introduce auto switching. I tried a 3D bluray but that works fine so it's not a problem with my Sony Bravia. 

Thanks for for the suggestions. and although not the problem, I will be installing new up to date HDMI cables. 

Jeff

Jeffrey Cooper