Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 55X850C - Screen Format: Full pop up when watching 3D

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

Sony 55X850C - Screen Format: Full pop up when watching 3D

Since the lastest firmware I keep getting a pop up on screen with 3D movies in the bottom left hand side. 

"Screen Format: Full" this is of course say it is using full pixel but it should not keep showing!

I cannot seem to find a way to disable this notification. It makes 3D useless as it keeps popping up! I even tried a factory reset to no avail.

265 REPLIES 265
mgelder
Explorer

Hi

I presume like me you are playing 3d films when this happens and only 3d films. Go in to settings , display, screen settings, switch on the two auto setting for the screen. It seems to be a clash in these settings the main one to switch on is " Auto display area " it  has cured it on mine . The HDMI settings have no control over display only what the hdmi is expecting as a signal. I only use HDMI 4 as I have a yamaha sound box connected . Hopes this helps

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@mgelder wrote:

Hi

I presume like me you are playing 3d films when this happens and only 3d films. Go in to settings , display, screen settings, switch on the two auto setting for the screen. It seems to be a clash in these settings the main one to switch on is " Auto display area " it  has cured it on mine . The HDMI settings have no control over display only what the hdmi is expecting as a signal. I only use HDMI 4 as I have a yamaha sound box connected . Hopes this helps

The option is not available when 3D is enabled. Thanks anyway.

mgelder
Explorer

change settings when not viewing 3d ????, they keep anyway

also after further investigations by me , make sure the HDMI input format is not set to 4k enhanced mode . This should cure it ..

if you can try this and let me know the result.

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@mgelder wrote:

change settings when not viewing 3d ????, they keep anyway

also after further investigations by me , make sure the HDMI input format is not set to 4k enhanced mode . This should cure it ..

if you can try this and let me know the result.

I had already tried changing the settings when not 3D. However.....

Changing from Enhanced format to standard did FIX the issue! Thank you so much, it was the only thing I had not tried!

I would like th point out I still deem this as a BUG. After factory reset it defauls HDMI 4 to enhance. Therefore without visiting this forums it would be unknown how to fix to the average user.

EDIT >> So a few hours later and the bug is BACK. Still popping up.... GRRR

ezeest

Still get the 'Screen Format: Full' pop up all through a 3D disc whether I have Standard or Enhanced mode on also tried all the 'Auto Screen Options' nothing works and this is definitely NOT a fix or solution to the problem! There must be a bug because you can manually alter the screen format to Normal or otherwise but the pop up will still say 'Full' is seems incapable of displaying anything else!

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@ezeest wrote:

Still get the 'Screen Format: Full' pop up all through a 3D disc whether I have Standard or Enhanced mode on also tried all the 'Auto Screen Options' nothing works and this is definitely NOT a fix or solution to the problem! There must be a bug because you can manually alter the screen format to Normal or otherwise but the pop up will still say 'Full' is seems incapable of displaying anything else!

Well that is strange you prompted me to check again. Earlier on using Need for Speed the screen format bug had gone. However I just checked now and it has appeared again. 

So it is still broken, which is bloody annoying!!! 

ezeest

Had a power cut today. Blank screen issues, sound OK though when TV turned back on! That stupid 'POP UP SCREEN FORMAT:FULL MESSAGE' now coming up during SKY+HD broadcasts, as well as all 3D views. For something that wasn't there before the update and serves NO USEFUL PUPOSE I'm really, really, really miffed at the person responsible for this at SONY!!!

frankie1g

yep me as well kd65x8509c

ezeest

Please make sure you send Sony an email on their support link, as they'll only take it seriously if enough of us report it!

99miki
Explorer

Same problem here. 55W805c when playing 3d games on PS4.