Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia 49x8005c- wifi keeps dropping

guylikeu
Explorer

Sony Bravia 49x8005c- wifi keeps dropping

Hi,

i bought my Sony Bravia tv about a month ago, no major issues so far. But yesterday I couldn't get on Netflix for the first time - it said I have not internet connection. I went to settings and found I wasn't connected my router. Now, no matter what I too, I cannot maintain a solid wifi connection on the to. My wifi and router are all ok, and every other device in the house gets a great connection apart from the tv

ive tried connecting with password, and with wps button - it always says "Connected!" But 30 seconds later it drops again. I've turned the to off and on at he mains a half dozen times, I've restarted the router... Not sure what else to try. Have I got a dodgy to or is thee something else I can try?

thanks. Chris

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Firstly, try a soft reboot of TV - press and hold the power button on the remote control for 6 to 10 seconds and the TV should reboot.

If that fails, try changing the wireless channel in your router settings.

Failing that, test using an ethernet cable.

Cheers

guylikeu
Explorer

Hi thanks for reply.

neither of these options worked. Soft reset did nothing, I had already tried a hard reset after all.

there is nothing wrong with the router, so I wouldn't even consider changing the settings since the problem was with the to. And likewise I bought the tv specially for the wifi option so Ethernet cable is also not an option.

i eventually did a factory reset by going into the to settings - this worked perfectly. Not had a problem since. It was clearly an issue with the software or the latest update. I would recommend anyone else try this if a hard/ soft rest doesn't work.

thanks

profile.country.GB.title
keith.robertson0802
New

I have the same issue. I have tried the soft reboot and carried a full factory reset. Neither worked? Every other device in the household works with the router. 
many other advice out there? 

johnt0192
New

I bought this in April 2020, worked great for few weeks and then keeps dropping from wifi, I have done soft reset/hard reset - works good for few weeks and then connected With No Internet, all other devices in home works on the same network, out of curiosity tried hotspot with same error.

now new problem TV reboots itself, 2 of the instance it had turned off and then does not turn ON through remote so had to do power off cycle device.

Since this is under warranty can we change it?

thanks 

riju