Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KD-43XD8305B Firmware update

profile.country.RO.title
Gonzales60
Explorer

Sony Bravia KD-43XD8305B Firmware update

Hello Quinnicus ,

Why my 43XD8305B has not yet updated to the new firmware version 6.1004 , even if the auto update is set to ON and the TV is connected to internet ? On Sony website this new firmware version is available from 15.03.2017 and already passed two weeks and my TV is not going to do the update . The update to version 6.0614 , did it on December 3, 2016 , a few days after the appearance on the Sony website of that firmware . Thanks !

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Im unsure why your TV never updated automatically.  Considering it worked OK in December, there is no real reason why it wouldnt work again.

At this moment, i can really only advise you to update via USB and monitor it for next time an update happens.

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/downloads/00013352

Cheers

profile.country.RO.title
Gonzales60
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus ,

To resolve my problem , I went to Home> Settings> About> System Update> Manually Update Check and then was downloaded and the new firmware has been installed . Right now , my TV have the new firmware PKG 6.1004.0010EUA ; this new firmware optimized 25 applications ( as it was displayed during the update process ) and changed the Android Security Level from September 1 , 2016 to January 1 , 2017 . The only change that I saw in the Home Menu , is the appearance in Games Section , of a game icon called ,, ASPHALT nitro ,, , that was not there until performing this update . By the way , please excuse my English language , I'm from Romania , not from UK .

Thanks anyway !

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

Oh, so that's how I've got that Asphalt Nitro game. I was wondering!! Thanks. :slight_smile:

profile.country.RO.title
Gonzales60
Explorer

@Jecht_Sin,

For better understanding , after this v. 6.1004 update , also on your TV , the old Games Shop icon was replaced with this new icon Asphalt Nitro in the Home Menu > Games Section ? Thanks !

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

@Gonzales60 I dunno.. I think I had disabled the Game Shop app, together with other bloatware (when possible). Like Google Movies. When turning off the PS4 it kept switching to the Google Movies trailers, also at high volume. And I won't ever pay a cent to Google for movies. Ever!

I seriously wonder how's that possible that Google is still allowed to force down out throats its (paid) services. When MS has been fined by the EU only (but rightly) for having Internet Explorer as the only browser.

profile.country.RO.title
Gonzales60
Explorer

Hi there , 

Can confirm someone who has done the 6.1004 update on his TV's , if the green icon Games Shop from Home > Games has been replaced by a blue icon called Asphalt Nitro ? Thanks !

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I can only confirm on my TV (FW Version 3.843) that the Games icon is blue

DSC_0043.JPG

Google has been changing their icons in recent times:

https://androidtv.news/2016/11/google-play-store-gets-new-banner-squarer-icons/

Cheers

profile.country.RO.title
Gonzales60
Explorer

Hi , @Anonymous , 

On my KD-43XD8305B before 6.1004 update the Games Shop was in Home > Games  as on your tv , and after the update , was totaly replaced with a blue Asphalt Nitro icon and banner  ( it is a blue car icon ) ; I'm not talking about Google Play Store or Google Play Music icons and banners , as is explaned on the following link :

https://androidtv.news/2016/11/google-play-store-gets-new-banner-squarer-icons/

Thanks !

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Gonzales60

Obviously I cannot confirm as I am not on that firmware.  However to assist others in confirming, it might be good to post a photo of what you are meaning?  Just a suggestion thats all.

Cheers