Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KD -XD9305

profile.country.GB.title
johleigh9
Explorer

Sony Bravia KD -XD9305

My New Sony Bravia TV takes approximately 90seconds to turn on,then varies in speed when changing channels - Also my remote control is very erratic -  buttons won't change channels - All help and advise is appreciated - Thank You 

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@johleigh9 wrote:

My New Sony Bravia TV takes approximately 90seconds to turn on,then varies in speed when changing channels - Also my remote control is very erratic -  buttons won't change channels - All help and advise is appreciated - Thank You 

These sound like the same problem to me.

The magic eye detector is very low down on these sets, about where the little light at the bottom of the bezel is. All but the slimmest sound bars, say, will block this. Check you have a clear line of sight from the remote to this eye,

Check the batteries in the remote - with a battery tester if you have one, or try a new, good, pair to see if that improves things.

Also, look at the sender on the remote with the camera on your smartphone or tablet, if you have one. This makes the infrared visible, so you can see if the remote is stuttering or not, missing key presses or not, and so on.

Point the remote at the TV, and hold down the On/Standby button on the remote for just over five seconds. The TV should soft reboot.

If there is still no improvement, go into the TV Settings menu, and Factory Reset the TV.

If there is still no improvement, contact the retailer and ask for a replacement.

These sets do all sorts of odd things, but not what is happening here - as the set is new, and has never worked properly, if the above does not fix things, best get it swapped out for a working set.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
bbbullock
Explorer

I had a very similar issue with my KD55-XD9305. Despite the IR light showing when viewed through a digital camera and batteries testing ok on a battery meter, changing the remote batteries solved the issue for me. AI can only assume the IR system on the remote is quite sensitive to even slightly drained batteries.