Join now - be part of our community!

sound is still on 3 seconds after TV is turned off

profile.country.GB.title
mikemichael1973
New

sound is still on 3 seconds after TV is turned off

When i turn my TV off the screen turns off but the sound is still playing 3 seconds after the screen is off , can someone advise what to do as sony technical are saying that this is normal 

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately this is a known problem - which is possibly why Sony are saying that this is normal.  It is on Sony's list of things to fix.

Cheers

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi

This is not a real problem. It is possibly the audio amplifier protection circuit.

I don't believe it is a bad design circuit since Sony is an expert on those, but could possibly be a bad offset-bias adjustement either software or hardware. Could also be the same that causes lip sync issues for many people.

Hardware adjustement(if exists), could be related to manufacturer country of origin and specificaly related to bad calibration standards which are used to calibrate our sets wherever is necessary..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MiCal1967 - interesring theory you have there :wink:  my theory is a little more simpler: it takes the TV a few seconds to close certain processes.  Maybe upping the priority or order of the closure of the audio process might fix it.  Just guessing :slight_smile:

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi Quinnicus.

Every audio amplifier in any kind of device, has a Power ON and Power OFF protection circuit.This is for the protection of both Audio Amplifier and Speakers.

Bad adjustement of DC offset is usually the cause of Power ON or Power OFF delay.

Older electronic devices could be adjusted with a signal generator and an oscilloscope or a distortion analyzer. Nowadays things are simpler, devices are more sophisticated, but in any case and any kind of device is used, this device must be Calibrated. If a company just uses Self Test or Self Calibrate procedure, this is a failure. Every factory must Calibrate its devices with Higher Standards in a period of time that is test device manufacturer related or other Organization related. Even the dial pressure gauge that is used in a gas station for your car tires MUST be Calibrated. None does it because they believe its OK :laughing: