Join now - be part of our community!

Trying to add / find Netflix on Sony Bravia KDL-42w653a

Missyd27
New

Trying to add / find Netflix on Sony Bravia KDL-42w653a

Hi,

managed to connect the tv to the internet ok, refreshed internet content etc but haven't got any real apps and not got anything like Netflix.  I have also registered the product but not via the tv itself.

can anyone advise what we need to do.  Tried to use internet searches but found I'm banging my head against a brick wall.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Missyd27 and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Have a look at this thread

to see if the solution helps you.

Let us know :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

This is a 2013, non-Android, Sony TV set, so you may have better luck in the non-Android section of this forum.

But this set had Netflix on it at launch (see picture 7 of 7 at the top of this review), though it may have been discontinued since as no longer supported, if you can’t find it in Applications any more - happens a lot with older versions of apps on older sets.

An Amazon Firestick or a Roku stick will give you Netflix, though, and it is promised for the NowTV stick in the future. Plug one of these (the Roku is the most versatile for your needs) in one of the HDMI ports, assuming you have one free, and you will get Netflix and a host of other apps that your TV no longer has, or never had.

[Edited to remove spoiler]

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking