Join now - be part of our community!

TV audio to hifi Help Please,Sony 49x8309c

profile.country.GB.title
jace1969

TV audio to hifi Help Please,Sony 49x8309c

I have not long had a Sony 49x8309x and think its great.

Also got a Sony cmt-sbt100b hi-fi.

I want to link the audio fron the TV into my HI-FI and tried loads of ways with no joy.

What output do i go from and is there setting i have to turn on,the hi-fi has Bluetooth and a

3.5mm rear line in which says audio in,i have tried this with a 3.5mm jack lead but no joy.

Bluetooth on the TV wont see my hifi which i didnt think it would but is there something im missing which i have to do,i do hope you can help.

Thanks ( also is there a secret menu where you can add 3rd party Bluetooth items like

my old samsung had,you changed a setting within the menu)

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Your only option is to use the 3.5mm headphone/Audio out socket on the TV.  You will need to set the 'Headphone/Audio Out' settings to 'Audio Out' (either fixed or variable, your choice) in the sound settings on the TV.  

Bluetooth wont work, as the TV does not have the required bluetooth audio profiles.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
jace1969

Hi,thanks for your help,i will try that as i have been having a look at it again,so there aint any secret menu where

you can change the setting as my old samsung would not take other Bluetooth headphones so i changed the

setting in a secrec menu to accept 3rd party items like another make of headphones and worked great.