Join now - be part of our community!

Tv turns off by itself when connected to wifi

billtidy
Explorer

Tv turns off by itself when connected to wifi

Hi, I have a bravia kdl50w756csu-a. The issue I have is that when the WiFi is connected to the tv, the tv will turn off at irregular intervals and comes back on. Disconnect the wifi on the tv and all is well. Internet provider is sky. What could be causing this? All settings on the tv are set not to turn off. Are there any updates to download which would cure this? Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Some suggestions to try:

• Ensure you have the latest firmware installed.  It should be version 3.395.  See HERE
  • Perform a factory reset of the TV.  See HERE
  • Reboot your router
  • Try changing the wireless channel on the router
  • Turn Wifi off on the TV and test with an ethernet cable.  Does this work?

Cheers

billtidy
Explorer

Hi, Can confirm the latest firmware is installed, done the reset and rebooted router. Not changed the wifi channel yet though. Ethernet cable out at the mo as router in another room and would need extra long cable. Proved troublesome last night trying to get the wifi accepted. It would connect then you exit the menu, go back into it and it says not connected its a saved network. Dont have much hair left but I was near to pulling it all out last night!! Currently got a replacement tv arriving today so will see what this one does. If this does the same then its goodbye Sony and hello to another brand that will work...Samsung, Panasonic or LG

billtidy
Explorer

UPDATE

Have received the replacement tv last week. Installed it back on the wall, connected wifi and turned off the auto update. Managed to stop the latest update from installing! So far so good, TV and wifi have stayed on, no switching itself off or wifi dropping out. Could this be an issue with the latest firmware update? Definately not updating if the TV and wifi all ok.