Join now - be part of our community!

Voice Control - Command List

profile.country.GB.title
bikeeandy

Voice Control - Command List

"Whether you want to open Netflix, turn up the volume or change the channel, Voice Control gives you ultimate power over your TV just by talking to it. No more going back-and-forth through menus trying to find the app you’re after."

What commands are available? 

I do NOT want to search or ask a question. 

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unsure if you have seen this FAQ:
https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/how-tos-faqs-tvs-home-cinema/android-tv-voice-search/ba-p/2231662

I dont think there are many commands at this stage to be honest - but when I say "Channel 1" the TV changes to BBC1

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
bikeeandy

Yes, I'd seen that one. 

It just seems odd to me to provide the functionality, but not tell us how to use it and make the most of our new toys? 

profile.country.GB.title
bikeeandy

I found this one...

http://androidtv.news/2016/01/guide-running-list-of-voice-commands/

But, looks like they don't know either. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

After this particular thread HERE in June 2016 - I asked Sony to clarify the commands used.  Unfortunately I think they missed the objective of my question, as they came up with that FAQ thats doesnt specify exactly all the commands.  To be frank, I dont think there is many at all in regards to controlling the TV. 

If you think about it, just changing the channel the BBC1 - on the remote all I have to do is press 1.  But with voice control, I have to press the MIC button, then speak, then 'hopefully' it interprets what I want, then changes to channel 1.  But there is considerable time delay as well.  Not very efficient if you ask me.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
The_real_JC
Explorer

Got an XG81 and this feature has been doing my nut. With Youview enabled issuing the command Change to Blaze (channel 63) jus brings up YouTube videos on how to change a TV channel or random links to the word Blaze.

Disable Youview, issue the same command the the TV changes to Blaze / channel 63.

Voice command is useful if you dont know the channel name but not the number. 

Anyone else experiencing YouTube searching? Is there anyway to tune it off?

Looks like Youview does a some other dumb things too when Enabled.