Join now - be part of our community!

WHITE LINE

profile.country.GB.title
Gally36
Explorer

WHITE LINE

I HAVE RECENTLY NOTICED A FAINT WHITE LINE THAT IS PRESENT HORIZONTALY AT THE TOP EDGE OF THE PICTURE, IT DOESNT AFFECT THE PJCTURE BUT NOT SURE WHAT IT IS.  THANKS

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @Gally36

Appologies for not replying sooner.  I have had a good look at your photo, and unfortanately I cannot see a white line?

If the google photos/links that have been posted already do not fit your issue, then I can only assume a back light bleed issue between the frame and the panel.  Have a read of the following link and see if it matches your symptoms:

http://www.pchardwarehelp.com/guides/backlight-bleeding.php

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Budhi108

I think he rotated photo. See the white line along the left edge of the photo.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@Budhi108 wrote:

I think he rotated photo. See the white line along the left edge of the photo.

Working from the top of the photo, I see plain maroon, then a black bar with a raised bit, then the faintest of faint white lines (zooming in helps discern it) then uniform grey (bit of clouding, but that will be the set) and then on the left in the picture, a red, black and white object I can't make out.

Is that what you see?

I have to say that a light grey screen does not show this line as clearly as a darker colour might.

We have also not asked the OP when he does and doesn't see this line; omnipresent, just on broadcast, on some channels but no others, there on the Home screen, etc.

As the references I gave imply it might be an artefact of some of the less well funded channels....

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking